Help save my purple tang

mBoN

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the purple tang got white ich and i transferred him 3days ago to qt tank and added copper medics. Now the tang is barely swimming and is having no strength much. He swims in the top of the tank always.

OP
OP
mBoN

mBoN

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the purple tang got white ich and i transferred him 3days ago to qt tank and added copper medics. Now the tang is barely swimming and is having no strength much. He swims in the top of the tank always.

PokeFish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
can you send some pics? Is it eating? I'm not all that familiar with disease but I think some more info would be nice

OP
OP
mBoN

mBoN

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sad

Attachments

• IMG_0815.jpeg
    IMG_0815.jpeg
    198.1 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_0816.jpeg
    IMG_0816.jpeg
    192.3 KB · Views: 44

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does your tank have a protein skimmer?

The water surface is very flat, and your mention of fish swimming at the surface which is seen on the video, suggests lack of oxygen in the water. You should have a powerhead pointed at the water surface to create agitation which will help gas exchange and help put oxygen in the water. I'm not syaing thats why your fish died, but definately something for you to correct to help your other fish.

There is lots of debris in the water, are you using any mechanical filtration? The debris moves very slow in the water, to me it looks like your tank need more flow.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So sorry about your tang - they are certainly beautiful. I would carefully examine your other fish (assuming that you have some) - I would treat them and allow your tank to go fallow. (You can use the treatment protocol at the top of the forum).

OP
OP
mBoN

mBoN

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So sorry about your tang - they are certainly beautiful. I would carefully examine your other fish (assuming that you have some) - I would treat them and allow your tank to go fallow. (You can use the treatment protocol at the top of the forum).
Do you have a medical protocol to be followed please. Im entirely new and very noob. I am learning everyday

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Do you have a medical protocol to be followed please. Im entirely new and very noob. I am learning everyday
The protocol for quarantine and fallow are listed at the top of the Fish disease forum as a sticky

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 23.5%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 34.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 46 30.1%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%
Back