Help switching to Core7 from BRS 2-part

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

tacosricos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am in the process of moving to the core 7 system. I am currently dosing BRS 2-part, (15ml of the discontinued sodium bicarbonate) into a ~70gal system. My alk is at 8 (hanna checker). Using the BRS calculator I estimate my alk consumption at .2 dKH/day.

Following the guide on the core7 bottle I should start by dosing 2.6 ml/ day. Will I need to dilute the core7 additives in order to use them with this system?

Oberst Oswald

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"Will I need to dilute the core7 additives in order to use them with this system?" tacosricos
No... I did the same as you about 1 1/2 years ago. Started full strength at 2ml per day (65 gallon tank uses 6.2 ml now) and checked Alk every other day, at the same time, and increased as needed. Worked out fine.

OP
OP
tacosricos

tacosricos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"Will I need to dilute the core7 additives in order to use them with this system?" tacosricos
No... I did the same as you about 1 1/2 years ago. Started full strength at 2ml per day (65 gallon tank uses 6.2 ml now) and checked Alk every other day, at the same time, and increased as needed. Worked out fine.

Great, thanks!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 16 18.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 3 3.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 13 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 46 53.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 9.3%
Back