Help. Torch retracting

wzf106

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure what is going on with my torch. Has been retracting for the past week now, looks pretty bad. Had him in the tank since April, rest of the torches looks good and no real changes in the system. Originally had him at a different spot, noticed him retracting pretty bad and performed iodine dip and placed in another part of tank with less light. Seem to do better the day after, now looks like he is a goner

Salinity 1.026
Temp 78.3
Nitrates 14
Phosphates .14
Alk 8.7
Calc 420
Mag 1410

Only thing i can think of is maybe some coral warfare or something? Got a bag of carbon coming in but wont be here for a few days.

1695931264461.jpeg

musaabi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
That far pulled back I wound anticipate it surviving from my experience. Not saying you can’t. Any major changes? Have your parameters changing over the past couple of months? How’s the flow where it is? Any fish that might be irritating it?

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
is that a bubble coral just under it? Looking at the direction of polyps flowing in the other 2 corals, maybe that other coral is sending sweepers? Just a guess

OP
OP
wzf106

wzf106

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That far pulled back I wound anticipate it surviving from my experience. Not saying you can’t. Any major changes? Have your parameters changing over the past couple of months? How’s the flow where it is? Any fish that might be irritating it?
no major changes, every seems to be stable. moderate flow in that area, the other torches right by it seems to be good

OP
OP
wzf106

wzf106

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
is that a bubble coral just under it? Looking at the direction of polyps flowing in the other 2 corals, maybe that other coral is sending sweepers? Just a guess
flow is going left to right from the picture, the torch is also elevated a bit from the bubble, started retracting even before i moved it over there

codycolina707

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had some come back from worst than that using ciprofloxacin I swear by this stuff after a week of use one torch was so far gone all you could see is a small spec of green in the skeleton mine was from a puffer I got rid of eating my torch and hammers at night

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 58 73.4%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 10 12.7%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 7.6%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back