Help turning Pool into tank

Mical

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just stocking that tank/pool is going to drive fish prices up... I can see it now 55 gal drums of Alk, cal & Mag hooked up to a bubble magus doser...

rodney.gif

BrandonS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To each his own but I would be making this a fish only with coral inserts. Understand that I HATE coral inserts but a live reef that big would be a monster to care for.
Completely agree. If you wanted a full time aquarist or 2 it could be done. If you are looking to make this nice tinji based in CA may be a good place to start. If your near CA I can give you some names.

sas226

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wish all the helpers in this thread the best of luck.

For OP:

Habitat and Diet
They are so-called blue-water fish, spending most of their lives far out at sea. They are also highly migratory, and will follow warm ocean currents for hundreds and even thousands of miles.

It'd be like locking you in a cubical for your entire life. Wouldn't be very much fun would it?

BrandonS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wish all the helpers in this thread the best of luck.

For OP:

Habitat and Diet
They are so-called blue-water fish, spending most of their lives far out at sea. They are also highly migratory, and will follow warm ocean currents for hundreds and even thousands of miles.

It'd be like locking you in a cubical for your entire life. Wouldn't be very much fun would it?
I hope that he got the point as marlin not possible earlier in the thread. However this is a good article to drive home the point.

1 million gallons could do tuna but not a marlin.

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want pictures too! You might could consider real corals right in front of the viewing pane and doing the fake corals in other places. I think some schools of fish could be showstoppers too!

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Completely agree. If you wanted a full time aquarist or 2 it could be done. If you are looking to make this nice tinji based in CA may be a good place to start. If your near CA I can give you some names.

I'll put my resume in as the the full time aquarist if it's near Charlotte! ;Hilarious ;Shamefullyembarrased

Hedgedrew66

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The wife and I purchased a home not too long ago which came with an inground indoor salt water pool. There is a glass window on the side so you can watch people dive in under water. My wife and I do not swim but she wants to convert it into a saltwater fish aquarium. Where can I buy reefs and stuff? Are there people that can be hired to set up aquariums? Are larger fish available to the public? I am a massive Marlin lover.
Big butt job !! Not easy.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 153 61.4%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 67 26.9%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 87 34.9%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 43 17.3%
  • Other

Votes: 67 26.9%
Back