Help turning Pool into tank

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

It was knowing this video existed and my sheer jealousy of @Hedgedrew’s set up that gave me confidence this was real.

Do not recommend.

giphy.gif

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They should get a ban for this post

lol. It was fun to think about. I kind of hopethe thread stays up for two purposes. What kind of tank would a marlin be able to fit in And how would one go about turning an indoor pool into a massive reef tank. Just as a thought experiment. Einstein thought those were very important.

giphy.gif

Reef-junky

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lol. It was fun to think about. I kind of hopethe thread stays up for two purposes. What kind of tank would a marlin be able to fit in And how would one go about turning an indoor pool into a massive reef tank. Just as a thought experiment. Einstein thought those were very important.

giphy.gif

It’s been done before. There was a guy on tanked that had a snorkel pool but he was by the ocean so it was probably ocean water feed however places like shedds are not so it’s not a question of if you can do it. At that point I you will be running industrial equipment. I would be looking at how large public aquariums are set and ran.

Reefer Reboot

F.V.P.!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Despite this being a farce thread, it does stir up the imagination. I've often daydreamed about turning a swim spa into a reef tank. There's plenty of flow in one of those, like "hurricane on top of tsunami" flow!;Watching

Fakegolfnews

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a solution to the temperature dilemma. Juvenile Great White sharks like lower temps so no heating would be necessary. Would also make for a great "king of the pool"

ApoIsland

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The wife and I purchased a home not too long ago which came with an inground indoor salt water pool. There is a glass window on the side so you can watch people dive in under water. My wife and I do not swim but she wants to convert it into a saltwater fish aquarium. Where can I buy reefs and stuff? Are there people that can be hired to set up aquariums? Are larger fish available to the public? I am a massive Marlin lover.

Reef-junky

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Who ever gets the contract. I’ll deliver the Water!!!:D:D:D
31AC5D46-918E-4E31-9AF7-B91F4B37A627.jpeg

It’s going to take me awhile tho as I only hold 1,400 gallons before I start pushing the weight limits.

You don’t have to worry cause the post was BS from a troll.

reefer024

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ll be honest. I recently really got into aquariums. I bought 5 red belly piranha fry and was hoping to find other people who shared the same interests in aquariums. I accidentally joined this one not realizing it was a saltwater reef forum. Salt water stuff looks amazing but it’s not something I’m ready for yet. Maybe one day. Thought I’d make a ridiculous post to see what kind of responses I’ll get. I have a 120 gallon tank. Not a swimming pool.
Wow, just a waist of our time. You might have the time to just waste but most of us have family and tanks to care for. Way to make new friends. Smh

JaimeIsNew

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The wife and I purchased a home not too long ago which came with an inground indoor salt water pool. There is a glass window on the side so you can watch people dive in under water. My wife and I do not swim but she wants to convert it into a saltwater fish aquarium. Where can I buy reefs and stuff? Are there people that can be hired to set up aquariums? Are larger fish available to the public? I am a massive Marlin lover.

... and I thought I was a cool wife

Back