OP
OP
kyley

kyley

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you ever find a solution to this issue?
Super bummed out tho and the shop that sent me the cotton candy torch is called aquarium wholesale they are in Kansas City and do a lot of live auctions online (Facebook) they totally got ticked and argued with me and now just won’t even reply because I told them that they really ripped me off and now it’s affecting other corals!
Watch out for those guys!! I would NOT recommend doing any business with them

Sorry I didn't respond sooner. It's been awhile, but I think I lost all the torches that had the fuzz issue. I could beat it back with dips, but it would return and I lost the will to keep battling so often. I have torches now that are doing great though (without any significant changes) so it seems like it just ran its course. Good luck with the battle!

BTW, I'm also in Kansas City. I have worked with Aquariums Wholesale in the past, but I'm on the East side of town so usually go to Live Art Aquatics. Cheers,
--Kyle

Hairyteeth

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had this on a torch that I tried a few dips and scrubbing in the tank to remove…it ended up coming and going several times before finally disappearing on its own, torch is fine now

jaime31

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I been watching this post for a while so I figured that I’d give my input On what I did to solve this problem. So far it hasn’t come back and it’s been about 3 or 4 weeks.

I dipped about once a week for two weeks using seachem reef dip which has iodine.(do it more often if needed IMO)

The 1st week it didn’t do the job as well as I wanted to so the second week I dipped again and after pulling it out of the dip I brushed the fungus gently with a super soft toothbrush that i dipped directly into the seachem reef dip bottle before scrubbing.(careful to not touch the polyp tentacles).

After that Make sure to shake off any excess reef dip in a separate container with Your DT water.

Few days later still a little fungus left but not as much

Now I don’t know where things got better but i lookat the torches 2 weeks later after giving up.
And it was all gone. All Tentacles extended fully even the ones on the edge near the fungus..

What I really think helped out a lot is after I started dosing a few ml’s of “Brightwell Aquatics Coral Amino”
It says on the label that it helps regenerate damaged tissue and is a food source to the corals.
I also do feed my lps’s “lps pellets” twice a week

Honestly I feel that the feeding helped a lot.. Coral having health and energy to fight off the bad just like how the fish are when they have ich

Here are some before and after photos. I’m sure you guys can tell what came first

Attachments

• 64AAEA55-BC86-4EDB-A397-9EE4C0557F4B.jpeg
    64AAEA55-BC86-4EDB-A397-9EE4C0557F4B.jpeg
    171.2 KB · Views: 62
  • 4A722994-57A4-4522-8730-8530323AA3BB.jpeg
    4A722994-57A4-4522-8730-8530323AA3BB.jpeg
    156.8 KB · Views: 54
  • AE9FBA4E-1C11-4052-AB77-7CA62C59E978.jpeg
    AE9FBA4E-1C11-4052-AB77-7CA62C59E978.jpeg
    155.8 KB · Views: 57

Omik

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What helped to me, was manual remove with earcleaner dipped in 3%H2O2, then dipped for 10min into 500ml aquawater+20ml 3%H2O2, then rs ab+ dip (1ml on 1l) its just 3 days but troch looks much much happier

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.7%
Back