Help with Advanced Apex Feed

GlassMunky

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im trying to remember what code i had setup on my last tank but for the life of me i cant remember. What i'm trying to do is have my feed mode start like normal but then when it reaches the end of the feed mode, rather than immediately turn everything back on, i want to have the vortechs turned up to full speed for about 2 minutes before the return pump turns back on so that any left over food on the bottom of the tank gets picked up and brought to the overflow box. I already have all the different vortech profiles setup, i just cant remember how the code should be on the vortech and return pump to make that extra 2 minutes after feed ends happen.
Anyone know what i'm looking for?

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The simple way is to add two different If Feed commands on the Vortech outputs, with overlapping delays:

If FeedA 002 Then FullSpeedProfileName
If FeedA 000 Then OFF

Since the Apex processes commands from top to bottom, the "If FeedA 000 Then OFF" will override the first one and be in effect while the FeedA timer is still counting down. But once the timer finishes, the first "If FeedA 002 Then [profile]" will still be active for another 2 minutes.

See my tutorial on Apex Feed Cycles for more details and examples: https://www.reef2reef.com/ams/neptune-apex-programming-tutorials-part-7-feed-cycles.715/

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 37 34.9%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 22 20.8%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 8.5%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 5.7%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 29 27.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back