Help with AI Prime 16 HD and 32 Gallon Cube

MoreReefPlease

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20200522_125037.jpg

My tomato's still look decently red under these settings. I don't have any orange frags or I'd take pics.

OP
OP
N

Nath514

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reef2reef doesn't have .aip as an allowed extension so at the moment I can't upload it. I'll put it in the Google drive later and name it BRS Modified 2020.

Thank you, I will keep an eye out for the file in drive. Do you have a link to their settings for LPS. I only have LPS and Softies so would be interested in seeing their default settings for those.

MoreReefPlease

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
AquaIllumination has several settings via their website...

David Saxby’s is a fan favorite along with J’s

BC277472-39C9-4240-B938-6FF35AC1BB9F.png
These are all in the folder I provided on page 1, thanks for the share!

ATM, we're trying to get a light spectrum for the new AI Prime 16s based on the recommended light values provided by BRS Investigates for their latest episode on the Hydra 32.

I have uploaded their recommendation for LPS in a prior post. I also have the SPS chart I will upload.

Drumbum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How would I adjust this for a 20gal Nuvo panorama pico tank?
I run david saxbys with a prime hd on a 29 biocube. It only uses at peak about 75% capacity.
To lower, or raise, the overall parameters without changing individual lights use 2 fingers on the "light" screen and drag up or down.
That will allow you to use any preset and adjust the overall intensity.
I reccomend saxbys!!!

OP
OP
N

Nath514

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am currently using the numbers seen below. I started the blues at 60% and am ramping up to 80% over the next few weeks by scaling everything. Two things concern me firstly it seems like some of my acans are not opening up as much as they used to. Could this be too much light or maybe they are just adjusting? My ALK went up froim 8.0 to 8.5 and seems to be staying there I thought maybe with the new better lighting schedule the corals would consume more ALK. From a BRS video ALK seems to be a good indicator of whether the coral like a change. Again could this just be related to a significant change in lighting and I can expect if I leave it alone for things to start picking up or am I to high and am frying the LPS?

Thanks,
Nathan

Screenshot_20200526-112544.png

OP
OP
N

Nath514

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My alkalinity is still creeping up now at 8.6. And a lot of corals ( rock flower and acans ) seem to be more closed up than in the past. Any advice on whether it is best to stay the course? Do corals normally go through a period of reduced growth when adjusting to new lighting conditions?

OP
OP
N

Nath514

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alkalinity hit 8.7, any idea how long I should wait to see if corals adapt before changing the lighting? Not sure if this is a bad sign or just the coral adapting.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 24.5%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 50 34.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 43 29.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 14 9.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.7%
Back