Help with Aquamaxx Bullet 3

vrscrog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just purchased this skimmer and believe the solution is to install a ball valve onto the intake tube to control the amount of water entering the skimmer. I have the parts and will be testing it tonight. Idk how to post pics yet if you help me I can show you all.
Please tag me if you can. I'd like to know your results so I can try it if it works. I've had mine since Christmas and can't get it to work right.

OP
OP
AjayCray

AjayCray

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have one doing the same thing.
I had to let it run for a couple weeks before it started working right. You can leave the airhose in the same chamber as the pump for a while as it runs water through.

OP
OP
AjayCray

AjayCray

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please tag me if you can. I'd like to know your results so I can try it if it works. I've had mine since Christmas and can't get it to work right.
It took me a couple weeks before it worked right for me. Yours should be behaving better by now. Have you been running it 24/7?
When mine was over flowing I removed the water it collected. I also added an inline air valve to control how much water was being pushed back up the collection cup. You can even run the skimmer with the air line in the same chamber as the pump for a little while as well. Once this thing is broken in, it's a great product.

Hoxie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just purchased this skimmer and believe the solution is to install a ball valve onto the intake tube to control the amount of water entering the skimmer. I have the parts and will be testing it tonight. Idk how to post pics yet if you help me I can show you all.
Did the ball joint work?

David S

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It took a couple weeks to work fine, but I had to keep an air valve in line to keep it from over skimming for those two weeks. Initially when I last posted I thought it was good, but alas, I had to intervene again. As of now it's fine. I just have the air line plugged up as normal, but it's in the highest position the cup will go. When I clean the cup it still works pretty fine. It over skims from time to time, but I just keep an eye on it.
Hi
Just happened to see your post.
I'm just curious how the skimmer is working out.
It turns out I bought the skimmer at around the same time you did and had the exact same issues!
Returned it to BRS.
Unlike you, I've had several HOB skimmers and none of them performed like this one
It's nice that people found work arounds to solve the over skimming, but there shouldn't have to be a work around!
I was looking forward to it, as its dimensions fit my tank - all other HOB skimmers I see wouldn't fit in my tank.
It was meant to replace my current skimmer which is old and beat up (though still reliable).
As both skimmers are now discontinued I have to be very careful with my skimmer.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 23 14.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 94 57.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 6.7%
Back