Help with cheap desktop tank ideas

Reef Keeper 18

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 28, 2011
Messages
611
Reaction score
0
Location
Outside Buffalo NY
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I'd like to do a cheap desktop tank and I'm looking for ideas on what tank would work? I could prolly do a cheap petco/petsmart tank with no filtration and just changing the water frequently. I would do an under five gallon tank and have just an angler in it.
 
I have been running an aqueon 2.6g pico tank on my desk now for 3 months. I like the tank, in addition to the tank I had to buy- a 50w heater, aqualifter & timer for top-off and a Rapid LED night-light kit (for blue actinics). I change the water every 2 weeks, and have only coral, crabs/shrimp in it so I dont have to worry about feeding it over the weekend.
 

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 30.0%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 5.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new