HELP!!! WITH HAMMER PRICING (:

bsr2430

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's also a learning experience for me! I'm new, but capable. I dont think ima buy it though haha. Btw I already have other corals so i mean i have some experience I guess. Frogspawn, toadstool, utter chaos, sunny d, duncan, gsp, montipora, flower anemone (2), andddd a rainbow bubble tip! My goal is to grow it out and sell to the locals lol. But that'll be a different thread in a year or so
If you lived close to me(Virginia) I’d personally give you one for free with you being new here.

Close friend of mine has a Frogspawn and it’s the size of a basketball. I was able to score a ten head from him for $75. There’s probably 500 heads left on it too!hahaha
I’d rather buy a Frogspawn than a hammer though, personally I think they look much better!

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine does too to be honest, they blast the lights up high to get more color out and end up bleaching them. All to just sell them faster. But I'm not gonna buy it haha. I was just curious to see what other people thought of the pricing on it

Wholesale price is probably 1/2 their price. New Indo shipments are coming and the prices are high, based upon a very small sample that I have seen.

OP
OP
Exotic_Reefer0

Exotic_Reefer0

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you lived close to me(Virginia) I’d personally give you one for free with you being new here.

Close friend of mine has a Frogspawn and it’s the size of a basketball. I was able to score a ten head from him for $75. There’s probably 500 heads left on it too!hahaha
I’d rather buy a Frogspawn than a hammer though, personally I think they look much better!
Dang haha sounds like a steal. You'll definitely have to send pics!!

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can’t wait to see the new ones come! Can’t wait to see they looks on them.

No need to wait. Orange hammer acclimating in my tank less than 24 hours after LFS pick-up. Sorry for the naked 14k MH cell phone pic. :)
IMG_2105.JPG

Last edited:

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For anyone who sees high prices at their LFS versus what is seen online and anyone who wants a better understanding about LFSs in general; below is a great video that isn definitely worth the time it takes to watch.

I hope you enjoy the video!

45ZoaGarden

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Indo government said the country could no longer export its coral. They banned the corals. When they banned them, the prices went through the roof. Indo is opening back up now so the prices should come back down. Back in the Indo days, I paid $30 for that neon frogspawn. It had two tiny heads but I saw the giant trunk that thing had and couldn’t resist.
Now you're just showing off lol, but what do you mean by pre ban? why are Indonesians banned?

NanoDJS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive been growing out toxic hammers for years, from stems , the average I get for one like this is 20 bucks , they are a bunch crooks. Also there is no marbled hammer like was said. when the colors shift like that its not happy basically. Its like the "gold torch " owners whos arms half turn colorless afer a min then loose the gold completely, nobody can keep the conditions those come out of wild in their tank and keep many other corals , they are collected in super high p/n turbid environments you cant even see in the water where they collect them .

bsr2430

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No need to wait. Orange hammer acclimating in my tank less than 24 hours after LFS pick-up. Sorry for the naked 14k MH cell phone pic. :)
IMG_2105.JPG
Love your Wrasse! Someone’s not canera

Ive been growing out toxic hammers for years, from stems , the average I get for one like this is 20 bucks , they are a bunch crooks. Also there is no marbled hammer like was said. when the colors shift like that its not happy basically. Its like the "gold torch " owners whos arms half turn colorless afer a min then loose the gold completely, nobody can keep the conditions those come out of wild in their tank and keep many other corals , they are collected in super high p/n turbid environments you cant even see in the water where they collect them .
With you on that. Crazy to see what some people will pay though!

Last edited:

mitch91175

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's also a learning experience for me! I'm new, but capable. I dont think ima buy it though haha. Btw I already have other corals so i mean i have some experience I guess. Frogspawn, toadstool, utter chaos, sunny d, duncan, gsp, montipora, flower anemone (2), andddd a rainbow bubble tip! My goal is to grow it out and sell to the locals lol. But that'll be a different thread in a year or so

My thing is why put yourself in a position to buy something that you know is dying really at the end of the day. That’s like going to a car dealership and buying a car without an engine but knowing you can still put one in there. May be a drastic example, but why take the chance on wasting money if something is already doing bad. Now if they want to give it to you to try to nurse back to health that’s one thing, but buying it knowing it’s not doing well is beyond my comprehension. Sorry.

OP
OP
Exotic_Reefer0

Exotic_Reefer0

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My thing is why put yourself in a position to buy something that you know is dying really at the end of the day. That’s like going to a car dealership and buying a car without an engine but knowing you can still put one in there. May be a drastic example, but why take the chance on wasting money if something is already doing bad. Now if they want to give it to you to try to nurse back to health that’s one thing, but buying it knowing it’s not doing well is beyond my comprehension. Sorry.
I gotcha bud haha. I understand both sides and see both points of view!

OP
OP
Exotic_Reefer0

Exotic_Reefer0

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn’t buy something that was doing bad unless it was dirt cheap.
I understand. but like how bad is actually "bad" is the real question, ya know? If your cars engine light was on but it was just the spark plugs, I mean does that mean it's broken? So like if something is doing "bad" and they lowered the price, I guess it just depends on how bad it's actually doing. At some point there is probably no return and other times it might just need some tlc! :)

SaltISlife

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have tons of various euphilia id trade.. or sell for half that price or less.. Hammer corals arent that special imo at least the regular greenish.purple ones..

If anyone is near Northern Virginia. I have purple torch corals, frogspawns, ocotspawns, hammer corals. I can frsg as they have split into many heads.

Shoot id sell my hammer for 30$ lol i also habe bubble corals and tons of trumpet corals

fjpod

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those of us looking to add to our tanks often hear these tales of how people are overflowing with various livestock that they will give away for free or a nominal charge. Problem is, it would cost a tank of gas, tolls, wear and tear, a day's lost wages, etc. To go and pick it up.... So that frag at the lfs or online becomes a lot more affordable. It's not fair to compare for how little you would give yours away, when almost no one has reasonable access.

SaltISlife

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those of us looking to add to our tanks often hear these tales of how people are overflowing with various livestock that they will give away for free or a nominal charge. Problem is, it would cost a tank of gas, tolls, wear and tear, a day's lost wages, etc. To go and pick it up.... So that frag at the lfs or online becomes a lot more affordable. It's not fair to compare for how little you would give yours away, when almost no one has reasonable access.

I live in Nova.. driving and spending gas is part of the game here. Most every local fish store near me is a good 30-40 minutes away. As for a tank of gas. I mean i drive a 30 year old Jeep with a 360 v8 gets 10mpg.. id have to drive over 200 miles to use a tank of gas.. and that means driving across state borders. And i highely doubt anyone here drives a car that gets 10mpg like i do.. My other 22 year old Jeep has a 360 as well and gets 18mpg itd take 350 miles before i use a tank of gas.. So im confused ? I bet you drive a car that gets 30mpg and you complain about gas mileage with a car like that dont you ? Lol

As for a days lost wages. I work 5 days a week most people do. I think youre over exagurating this lol.

I think its plenty fair. DMV is heavily populated. Lemme ask.

Would you rather drive 30 miles. To buy a Torch coral? Hammer, frogspawn and or octospawn for 100$ getting 3 or 4 of the. and spend the 20$ on gas. Or would you rather drive 15 miles to your local fish store spending 3$ on gas. And spend 100$ on just a hammer coral ? On your day off. Unless youre a slave to your work and work 7 days a week

Vs

Last edited:

d3vhound

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LFS here in TX will charge $200+ for that. I say get it.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 140 88.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.7%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back