HELP!!! WITH HAMMER PRICING (:

P-Dub

The ocean is open to all, merciful to none.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Eh. You wouldnt pay $100 for gsp would you? Especially sense gsp is common and even if you were "willing". But thanks for the response. I'm looking for the average price of this kind of hammer. Do you know it?
I'm sorry that my response wasn't helpful. We can only respond reasonably based on the information given. Based on the information you gave and without making assumptions, I have to stick with my original statement.

For example, where I am located, there is only one LFS that carries fish and rarely inverts. We cannot have corals imported. For me, if I wanted GSP and it was for sale at that LFS, I would certainly be more than willing to pay $100 for a reasonably sized colony as that would be the only source. The same goes for the hammer you were inquiring about. I'd actually be willing to pay much more for a reasonably healthy, single-head as this, again, would be the only source. Knowing my circumstances, skill level, system, etc. certainly helps in providing guidance in what I might or should be willing to pay for any coral. If my LFS sent me that photo you posted and said they are $100 a head, I'd gobble them all up. Context is everything.

OP
OP
Exotic_Reefer0

Exotic_Reefer0

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm sorry that my response wasn't helpful. We can only respond reasonably based on the information given. Based on the information you gave and without making assumptions, I have to stick with my original statement.

For example, where I am located, there is only one LFS that carries fish and rarely inverts. We cannot have corals imported. For me, if I wanted GSP and it was for sale at that LFS, I would certainly be more than willing to pay $100 for a reasonably sized colony as that would be the only source. The same goes for the hammer you were inquiring about. I'd actually be willing to pay much more for a reasonably healthy, single-head as this, again, would be the only source. Knowing my circumstances, skill level, system, etc. certainly helps in providing guidance in what I might or should be willing to pay for any coral. If my LFS sent me that photo you posted and said they are $100 a head, I'd gobble them all up. Context is everything.

[/QUOTE]
Its 2020, I think the average person has the internet as a source. And I even mentioned finding a similar looking one online. It was a good example though! Just seems like the average reefer wouldnt be put in this situation. So I know you didnt want to make any assumptions, but I think it's safe to assume I have internet which means I have many sources. What do you think would be a good price range for someone with many sources?

P-Dub

The ocean is open to all, merciful to none.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Its 2020, I think the average person has the internet as a source. And I even mentioned finding a similar looking one online. It was a good example though! Just seems like the average reefer wouldnt be put in this situation. So I know you didnt want to make any assumptions, but I think it's safe to assume I have internet which means I have many sources. What do you think would be a good price range for someone with many sources?
[/QUOTE]
Not certain having internet or not is the issue. ;) You are posting online. I am posting online.... But, If you have many sources then choose a coral that appeals to you and find out who has the best price for that coral, then, buy it.

OP
OP
Exotic_Reefer0

Exotic_Reefer0

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not certain having internet or not is the issue. ;) You are posting online. I am posting online.... But, If you have many sources then choose a coral that appeals to you and find out who has the best price for that coral, then, buy it.
[/QUOTE]
True, I agree! Sense I'm new I was asking what other people thought was a good price lol. Cuz I know other people have years of experience and have probably seen many different hammers

OP
OP
Exotic_Reefer0

Exotic_Reefer0

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
It depends on region, color and quality. Its a $75 piece by me, but that’s based on supply and supplier.

Arthacker87

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I paid 10 bucks for a 2 head of gold torch (similar concept as hammer and frog) mind you it was just tiny bubbles and almost dead but coming back well. It's getting its gold back
Resized_20190324_193800.jpeg
Resized_20190415_203037.jpeg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I have a couple of hammers.... LOL

7C92DE0A-7A91-471B-8631-FF4A6B22A5F6.jpeg
D7683C08-7CFF-4881-8DA9-DD976444EBEE.jpeg

mitch91175

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is what I pay for hammers if I want one:

1581951860757.png

So yeah an LFS asking $100 for it makes sense. If you want it buy it. If anyone here tries their hand in a LFS they will want to charge you the same thing or likely more. There are expenses that every business have to cover or they won't be in business long. Insurance, payroll, bills, deaths of livestock, etc are all parts of the business. So that $100 isn't terrible from an LFS.

You can always find locals with tanks to work with as well.

Arthacker87

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had it for about 4 months ;Hilarious;Hilarious;Hilarious. It was way worse than that. It's a little bigger now. That's just a good pic of colors

Arthacker87

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was a buddy of mine I got it from. He has like 30 heads of it now. He got them as almost white skeletons with a line of 5 tips left and said "I was told these are gold wanna take a gamble with me" I was like yup haha.

Arthacker87

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20200217_201528.jpg

Still hasn't golden up but tentacles are growing and color is getting there. Not sure what spectrum to get gold to pop lol

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 42 58.3%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 20 27.8%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 6.9%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.8%
Back