Help with ID for placement

  • Thread starter Thread starter Hasher76
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Hasher76

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 12, 2019
Messages
19
Reaction score
34
What state or country do you live in
Illinois
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Coral shop made me a deal on this guy so I had to buy it, just not 100% on what it is. The tips are purple and body looks greenish. Not sure where to place in my tank for light and flow.
Thanks

IMG_20190920_211444.jpg
 
I'm thinking A.Tenuis for my guess.
 
That depends on your lights for where to place it and how deep your tank is.
 
That depends on your lights for where to place it and how deep your tank is.
Yes it does, and once I get confirmation on the Coral I'll be sure to place it accordingly.
 
It is an Acropora valida or nana
 
I would place it high up for best coloration given its colors come out best in high light. Lower and the green in the base will take over more. Higher and the purple will cover more of the branches instead of just the tips.
 
I attached it to a new rock and took a pic with lights off. Looks so close to those suggestions above, I dinner know which to pick but the requirements sound solid and I placed it up top

IMG_20190921_112935.jpg
 
Maybe it is a validia, I thought it was purple with blue tips and white polyps from the first pic.
 
It's getting happier every day. Got a nice lighted picture. I swear the base looks like it's grown already. Maybe I'm crazy.

IMG_20190924_213837.jpg
 
The nitrates in the tank I got it from were sky high so hopefully I can get the green base back from it's current brown coloration. Purple keeps extending down the tips. Really becoming one of my favorites.
 
First picture from September 20, second pic from last night. This things growing pretty fast and coloring up beautifully

IMG_20190920_211444.jpg IMG_20191008_234611.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new