Help with identifying this coral

aquacat15

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 20, 2025
Messages
12
Reaction score
28
Location
Los Angeles
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello!

Hope everyone is having a wonderful day.

I’ve seen this coral a few times but am having a hard time identifying it. I’m thinking maybe a patriot rainbow chalice... but some corals look so much alike I’m feeling confused. For now I call it the paint spill coral lol. :squinting-face-with-tongue:

Does anyone know the actual name? It’s one of my favorites visually and I would like to research care before I find one for my tank.

Thank you all so much in advance! :smiling-face:

IMG_7374.jpeg
IMG_7375.jpeg
 
Hello!

Hope everyone is having a wonderful day.

I’ve seen this coral a few times but am having a hard time identifying it. I’m thinking maybe a patriot rainbow chalice... but some corals look so much alike I’m feeling confused. For now I call it the paint spill coral lol. :squinting-face-with-tongue:

Does anyone know the actual name? It’s one of my favorites visually and I would like to research care before I find one for my tank.

Thank you all so much in advance! :smiling-face:

IMG_7374.jpeg
IMG_7375.jpeg
Absolutely beautiful, that’s what it is!
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 4 33.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 3 25.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 25.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new