Help with incoming Haddon's Carpet Anemone

Conrad Noto

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found and ordered a smaller Haddon's Carpet Anemone ( 6") on Diver's Den. Will be here Sat. It is green ( not neon, more pine green) tan mouth, purple disc and some purple patterned beading throughout the green body. I've been researching few weeks and a little more confused. There is a lot of conflicting information. I'd like input only from people who own one and successfully kept please.
1. I was planning to do 3 hour drip, then read I should only temperature acclimate. Suggestions??
2. Lighting, most recommend high light and not too much blues, but can someone tell me in PARS? obviously it will be on sand bed. My sand bed measures from 180par edges to 300par highest, my blues at 60%, my white at 15% at 14'' of water, could turn up if needed.
3. Flow? i've read low, medium, strong, so confused....personally I think strong sounds like too much. I would think it needs enough to blow food in and excrement out, medium on lower end?
Any other suggest?

Thanks

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I have a monster and simply emptied the contents into a bucket leaving anemone on the bag for easy removal and I added a quart if water every 20 minutes 6 times (2 hrs) and slowly lowered it into tank. They are somewhat sticky

OP
OP
Conrad Noto

Conrad Noto

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a monster and simply emptied the contents into a bucket leaving anemone on the bag for easy removal and I added a quart if water every 20 minutes 6 times (2 hrs) and slowly lowered it into tank. They are somewhat sticky
Quick question, did you keep lighting lower for few days and slowly adjust? or keep your normal light cycle/levels from start?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Quick question, did you keep lighting lower for few days and slowly adjust? or keep your normal light cycle/levels from start?
First day heavy blue, then resumed normal light cycle

dieselkeeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would be more concerned with the nem needing treatment. Do you have a tank setup for treating it? Order some cipro. I would just treat the nem and be done with it. I have two carpets, they both went straight into treatment.

Looking forward to some pictures.

OP
OP
Conrad Noto

Conrad Noto

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would be more concerned with the nem needing treatment. Do you have a tank setup for treating it? Order some cipro. I would just treat the nem and be done with it. I have two carpets, they both went straight into treatment.

Looking forward to some pictures.
I can if I think it needs it have 48gal stretch hex and full medicine cabnit. Was wysiwyg on Diver's Den, looked healthy. Will see when it get's here, was planning on QT clownfish in the 48gal with copper.... rather lose a nem then bring ich, brook or velvet into display, been 100% clean for 3 yrs. I had major velvet outbreak 3 1/2 yrs ago, drained whole thing. Lost all corals, tubbed and treated fish, killed 400lbs of rock, bleached. Tossed sand, scubbed tank, bleached cleaned everything. 4 months to get all back up.

dieselkeeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can if I think it needs it have 48gal stretch hex and full medicine cabnit. Was wysiwyg on Diver's Den, looked healthy. Will see when it get's here, was planning on QT clownfish in the 48gal with copper.... rather lose a nem then bring ich, brook or velvet into display, been 100% clean for 3 yrs. I had major velvet outbreak 3 1/2 yrs ago, drained whole thing. Lost all corals, tubbed and treated fish, killed 400lbs of rock, bleached. Tossed sand, scubbed tank, bleached cleaned everything. 4 months to get all back up.

I treated mine in a 10 gal. Treatment in a 48 gal gonna take a lot of cipro. And when treating, 100 percent water change is done everyday.

dieselkeeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 23.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 20.7%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back