Help with possible ich?!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Jaz
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
DSP,

I don't agree with your logic, but as you say everyone has their opinion and that I do respect.

I have been in this hobby for 20yrs. Ich is always on a fish, it is true that fish that have a higher immunity, but not a guarantee that the parasite will not present itself.

You might want to read this article that describes facts and myths about Ich:

Marine Ich - Myths and Facts

it is written by a Lee Birch,marine biologist with over 35yrs in the hobby..he QTs all his fish and has never had an ich outbreak (or so he claims).

Yup Iv read that one to many times and Iv tried most the methods mentioned in the different articles and most the time I ended up losing the fish, So for the last 4 years (salt and freshwater) I have been using my method that fellow reefers told me to try and haven't lost a fish since, And I do not worry one bit when a fish gets ich anymore cause I know it will be fine, I respect your opinions as well I just don't see how stressing a fish is suposed to help them get better exspeacially when there's a natural method that works better and doesn't stress the fish at all
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 11 25.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 11 25.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 7 15.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 4.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 18.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 2 4.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new