Help with QT new fish.

GucciYoni

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 3, 2018
Messages
89
Reaction score
43
Location
Sydney, Australia
What state or country do you live in
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, basically this is the situation.

A few months ago, I purchased two Ocellaris separately, within a week or two of eachother. For whatever reason after seemingly pairing the female began attacking the smaller male, so I eventually removed the female clown and placed her in my 8.5 gallon on her own. I have tried reintroducing a few times but the aggression remained.

I am purchasing a Black Clarkii pair today, and am planning to place them in the 8.5gallon for 3 weeks or so, as quarantine. I will for now place the female ocellaris back in the display tank with the male ocellaris, and when three weeks are up ill remove the ocellaris and transfer the clarkiis back into the DT.

The 8.5g showed a 0.05 Nitrite reading last night, and although I havnt tested for ammonia in awhile, the ocellaris has been in that tank for over a month and is doing fine. The tank also has a lot of pink cyanobacteria on the floor and some on the walls.. but the ocellaris is still not bothered. Is that a good enough indication that the QT will be ready for these clarkiis?

Thanks in advance guys!
 
Do you keep an ammonia badge?

I’d recommend this product. Also, if you’re seeing blooms of cyano and other unsightly mess it’s often indicative of an incompete cycle.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 8 5.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 53 34.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.4%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new