Help with QT new fish.

GucciYoni

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, basically this is the situation.

A few months ago, I purchased two Ocellaris separately, within a week or two of eachother. For whatever reason after seemingly pairing the female began attacking the smaller male, so I eventually removed the female clown and placed her in my 8.5 gallon on her own. I have tried reintroducing a few times but the aggression remained.

I am purchasing a Black Clarkii pair today, and am planning to place them in the 8.5gallon for 3 weeks or so, as quarantine. I will for now place the female ocellaris back in the display tank with the male ocellaris, and when three weeks are up ill remove the ocellaris and transfer the clarkiis back into the DT.

The 8.5g showed a 0.05 Nitrite reading last night, and although I havnt tested for ammonia in awhile, the ocellaris has been in that tank for over a month and is doing fine. The tank also has a lot of pink cyanobacteria on the floor and some on the walls.. but the ocellaris is still not bothered. Is that a good enough indication that the QT will be ready for these clarkiis?

Thanks in advance guys!

Dr. Reef

www.drreefsquarantinedfish.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ammonia at any level is dangerous. Nitrites and nitrates does not matter at least not at those low levels.

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you keep an ammonia badge?

I’d recommend this product. Also, if you’re seeing blooms of cyano and other unsightly mess it’s often indicative of an incompete cycle.

Back