Help With The Neptune Solenoid...

Ty Hamatake

Hi, my name is Ty and I'm a Reefer...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently purchased the Neptune solenoid in hopes to use it with my CO2 scrubber to help prolong the life of my media. Well, I hooked it up this morning and I can't seem to get the dang thing to work. I don't know if it's me or if I have a bad solenoid (it's probably me).

My current setup; the scrubber's tubing is connected to a T, which is connected to my skimmer, then the last line running to the solenoid. If it worked the way I wanted it to, once my pH hit its upper limit the valve would open allowing air through the solenoid (at least reducing the air being pulled through the media). Once the pH dropped below the minimum value the solenoid would close bringing in air solely through the scrubber.

The problem is, I can't seem to get the solenoid to operate at all (again I'm more than likely doing something wrong). It is plugged into the LINKA on the powerbar and even when I override it to ON nothing happens.

Am I going about this the wrong way? This is my first time with a solenoid, so sorry if I'm missing something obvious. Thanks for any help!

Screenshot_20170419-122215.png

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does the outlet indicator light on the EB832 show it turning on and off?

OP
OP
Ty Hamatake

Ty Hamatake

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It does. It also works in auto when I change the pH values. I just don't know how to check the solenoid itself to make sure it's working.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It does. It also works in auto when I change the pH values. I just don't know how to check the solenoid itself to make sure it's working.
Normally they make a little clicking sound. You could also try to blow through it with it open and closed to see if it makes a difference.

OP
OP
Ty Hamatake

Ty Hamatake

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Normally they make a little clicking sound. You could also try to blow through it with it open and closed to see if it makes a difference.
That is an awesome idea. Lol I'm a little embarassed that I didn't think about it. Hopefully this works and thanks for the help!

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back