Help!!

Kristi Tinsley

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
72ae1191e2fbce8e2b8063756f9c09c5.jpg

These little guys are over taking me tank! Any recommendations on what I should do to get rid of them?
Thanks in advance guys!

[emoji111]

redfishbluefish

Stay Positive, Stay Productive
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The picture is not close enough. Take a look at THIS site and see if you can identify what you have. I'm guessing flatworms....but that's a guess....it could be baby snails...can't tell.

hybridazn

Acro killer.....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Moved the thread here for better exposure.

If you can get a better pic that would help a lot. I zoomed in as much as I could and it appears to be flatworms, but a bettwriter pic will help with the ID

Lionfish Lair

Renee
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it may be copepods. A lot of them have these little white dots that are almost a little whiter than the rest of the body. I'm pointing to a few with the red arrows. That's what they look like when they are carrying eggs. Then there's the one I circled, that's pretty classic copepod shape. The blue arrow is pointing to a body that has an egg-carrying shape with the 'double bubbles".

copepodsmaybe.jpg

OP
OP
Kristi Tinsley

Kristi Tinsley

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks guys. I'm sorry the photo wasn't that good, I'll try to get a better one. I'm having to use my phone and it doesn't have great quality.

Zenlikeyoda

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If they are easily visible I lean more toward baby snails (mine esp like to come out in hordes when the lights go out)... literally swarms over the sand and climbs the walls. Now my copepods are visible as well on the walls but are very tiny and you have to sit and watch carefully. If these are all snails - be cautious about your snail population exploding like mine did. I have Trochus Snails and they have been breeding like crazy to the point I have to remove the larger ones out of the tank (donated them to the local fish store). They have clogged my return pumps and my protein skimmer pumps numerous times. =(

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 25.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 48 33.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 43 29.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 13 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.8%
Back