HELP!

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
7.8 with a dKH of 11 means you probably have high CO2 in your house. I will doubt that a water change will help that long-term. While 7.8 is low, there are reefers that routinely run at that pH. Try opening a window to let some fresh air in the house and see what happens.
yup. and not a big deal. yes Ive had what i think were negative results with more sensitive corals at a low low ph due to a swing but....

OP
OP
cody2cannon

cody2cannon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1486689431542.jpeg
1486689472537.jpeg

Nohate

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How does the tank look, trust your husbandry ability and realize tests are only a tool, so watching your animals is the best way next to tests to view your parameters since there are many possible factors to get a false reading... Human errors... A test kit that is out of date... Etc... how about your Alk , and Ca? Many people do not test Ph at all knowing that if your Calcium your Alkilinity and your Magnesium are correct then your Ph will follow suit as they are inherently linked, also keep in mind that any change that happens too fast is to be avoided, even when making corrections. Stability is key, you do not keep fish or coral you keep water. Dosing kalkwasser at night is a good way to keep stability once your Calcium and Alk are where you want them. There so many buffers available it's ridiculous, something just doesn't seem right about such a quick change in acidity so I would be suspicious of the test, I rely on Salifert test kits myself, sorry for the long post, but simply put get a second type of test or meter, check other related parameters, raise slowly if necessary, drip kalkwasser or add to top off to maintain, or add a calcium reactor, or use a 2 part dosing kit, it seems you are an experienced reefer so I'm sure you already know this stuff, maybe someone new can learn from it though

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.0%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 30 17.0%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 76 43.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.5%
Back