Help!!!!

soggywaffles

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 7, 2020
Messages
17
Reaction score
1
Location
US
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need some help! I have a fowlr 125 DT tank that is now infected with Ich and I think velvet... I have the below fish in it... how do I get this to go away? I am treating with coppersafe right now but I’m hearing that it will always be in the water... there is no way I can squeeze all my fish in a QT and have the 125 go fallow for 90 days as they are nice size fish.. has anybody else had this happen??

1 kole tang
1 blue hippo
1 powder blue
1 niger trigger
1 fox face
1 6 line
1 pink chromis
1 wardley wrasse
1 red wrasse
1 black clown.
 
Thanks. I’ll have to see if I can find it
 
Yeah I only have sand and rock in there right now. But I did read that since it’s chelated copper I can get it out by running carbon and something else ( I forgot the name of it) for like 30 days after. But worst case scenario I’ll just get new rock . Or use the rock I have in another DT tank and toss out the other .
 
Y'know....a lot of the agriculture stores like Tractor Supply Co sell large "watering tubs" for horses and such. You could easily buy some that are 6' wide and fill appropriately for usage as a quarantine tank.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 20 21.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 27 29.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 9.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 7 7.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 12 12.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new