Help!!!!

soggywaffles

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need some help! I have a fowlr 125 DT tank that is now infected with Ich and I think velvet... I have the below fish in it... how do I get this to go away? I am treating with coppersafe right now but I’m hearing that it will always be in the water... there is no way I can squeeze all my fish in a QT and have the 125 go fallow for 90 days as they are nice size fish.. has anybody else had this happen??

1 kole tang
1 blue hippo
1 powder blue
1 niger trigger
1 fox face
1 6 line
1 pink chromis
1 wardley wrasse
1 red wrasse
1 black clown.

Jedi Knghit

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't put copper in a DT, but there is a thread where someone did it and documented their experience.

Thespammailaccount

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't put copper in a DT, but there is a thread where someone did it and documented their experience.

It not only will kill inverts and corals but will get absorbed into the rock and make the rock useless and will continue to kill corals thus useless

OP
OP
S

soggywaffles

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I only have sand and rock in there right now. But I did read that since it’s chelated copper I can get it out by running carbon and something else ( I forgot the name of it) for like 30 days after. But worst case scenario I’ll just get new rock . Or use the rock I have in another DT tank and toss out the other .

ichthyogeek

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Y'know....a lot of the agriculture stores like Tractor Supply Co sell large "watering tubs" for horses and such. You could easily buy some that are 6' wide and fill appropriately for usage as a quarantine tank.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 32.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 19.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 25.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back