Help!!!

Travis Stewart

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just noticed some stank and saw my skimmer overflowing. Checked a couple things but then pulled it out, took it apart and gave it a nice cleaning. Cleaned out all the air tubes and pieces air moves in and out of the skimmer. For some reason my dial isn’t adjusting the amount of water inside my skimmer. It’s operating perfect, but when I have it fully open, my skimmer is still over flowing when in past its well below and not producing skimmate. I’m not new to reefing and have had this skimmer for a while. Any ideas what this could be?? It’s an aquamaxx co s1

rusty hannon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just noticed some stank and saw my skimmer overflowing. Checked a couple things but then pulled it out, took it apart and gave it a nice cleaning. Cleaned out all the air tubes and pieces air moves in and out of the skimmer. For some reason my dial isn’t adjusting the amount of water inside my skimmer. It’s operating perfect, but when I have it fully open, my skimmer is still over flowing when in past its well below and not producing skimmate. I’m not new to reefing and have had this skimmer for a while. Any ideas what this could be?? It’s an aquamaxx co s1
Have you added anything to you're tank, and some airasols can cause it.

OP
OP
Travis Stewart

Travis Stewart

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nothing changed around the tank as far as anything in the house, cleaning etc

jgirardnrg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When you cleaned the pump, what did the needle wheel look like? Any broken needles? anything clogged in there?

Also, are you sure the air intake isn't clogged or sucking in water? If your airline is clogged it would do what you're experiencing.

OP
OP
Travis Stewart

Travis Stewart

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When you cleaned the pump, what did the needle wheel look like? Any broken needles? anything clogged in there?

Also, are you sure the air intake isn't clogged or sucking in water? If your airline is clogged it would do what you're experiencing.

I am going to try and take it apart again. I cleaned it solid. I know exactly what you’re talking about and that was my main area to clean/check when I took it out. Will try again.

OP
OP
Travis Stewart

Travis Stewart

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Took pump apart, working perfect, air tube from pump clear, all lines clear, dial wide open, still coming in hot!

OP
OP
Travis Stewart

Travis Stewart

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Silencer is on the side right? Yes it sucks air. It also makes the water level inside this skimmer ride even more.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 31 35.6%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 20 23.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 8 9.2%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 21 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.3%
Back