OP
Travis Stewart

Travis Stewart

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could be a number of things but it sounds like it's starving for air. The O-rings on the pump intake intact? Are you getting bubbles at all?

Yup lots of bubbles. No cracks or anything I can notice.

image.jpg

jgirardnrg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there an O-ring on that adjustment pipe? Grasping at straws here... either it's getting water from somewhere bypassing your adjustment, starving for air, or the motor got way more powerful all of a sudden. Has the water level in the sump risen at all?

OP
OP
Travis Stewart

Travis Stewart

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t know what o-ring you’re speaking of. Only o ring on the whole setup is in the pump itself when you seal the cover over the needles. The sump was built specifically for the water height of this skimmer. The water only rises in that chamber when the pumps are off. I did check that also and it’s right where it always is. I do notice water coming out of the elbow like it’s supposed to but seems like it should be coming out heavier.

Is there an O-ring on that adjustment pipe? Grasping at straws here... either it's getting water from somewhere bypassing your adjustment, starving for air, or the motor got way more powerful all of a sudden. Has the water level in the sump risen at all?

jgirardnrg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was talking about on the adjustment pipe but your skimmer might not have one. Have you taken the adjustment pipe apart and examined that as well?

OP
OP
Travis Stewart

Travis Stewart

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was talking about on the adjustment pipe but your skimmer might not have one. Have you taken the adjustment pipe apart and examined that as well?

didn’t know you could. Doesn’t look to come off the skimmer base

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 42 35.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 25 20.8%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.5%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.5%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back