Help!!!!!

LiveFreeAndReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It doesn't even seem like the water is high enough to reach the overflow. I guess there may be a lower opening? Is the return pump plugged in and water circulating?

Can you pull the heater and take a quick pic too? I don't see how that isn't a Jager, it looks exactly like one from above.
The flex tanks have a lower "overflow." I've always wondered why, but maybe they're anticipating something like this happening. I'm with you on the heater too, looks identical to a jager

LiveFreeAndReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah that's why I wanted to see a picture of the tank. If the OP wasn't aware of cycling an aquarium, I wouldn't think they'd know what live rock is.

OP
OP
J

jaehyeokeom

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It doesn't even seem like the water is high enough to reach the overflow. I guess there may be a lower opening? Is the return pump plugged in and water circulating?

Can you pull the heater and take a quick pic too? I don't see how that isn't a Jager, it looks exactly like one from above.
Holy ****, my heater is actually from eheim LOL. There is a line that says “minimum water level” so I can just put this in below my water level? I also need a higher water level in my tank, right? It makes total sense now why temp wasn’t changing above 74!!!!

OP
OP
J

jaehyeokeom

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Yes, I just found out that my heater is Eheim, so I will go ahead and add more rodi water mixed with salt to make the level higher. The power pump that came with my tank acts a return pump. Am I right?

OP
OP
J

jaehyeokeom

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
J

jaehyeokeom

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just called LFS who sold live rock to me. They said the rocks were in their sump. So I would not need a biospira?

yaaa but I am suspicious because you said they were in a box and didn’t appear wet?

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, I just found out that my heater is Eheim, so I will go ahead and add more rodi water mixed with salt to make the level higher. The power pump that came with my tank acts a return pump. Am I right?

Thats great news and yes the pump that was included should be the return pump.

Just called LFS who sold live rock to me. They said the rocks were in their sump. So I would not need a biospira?

This is correct. As long as they were wet when you purchased them and not allowed to dry out, you shouldn't need additional bottled bac.

OP
OP
J

jaehyeokeom

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats great news and yes the pump that was included should be the return pump.

This is correct. As long as they were wet when you purchased them and not allowed to dry out, you shouldn't need additional bottled bac.
Thanks a lot! This whole discussion has helped me tremendously.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 7 21.9%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 26 81.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 21.9%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Other

Votes: 2 6.3%
Back