2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive had it 13 months
Idk the par
I did not treat it but have everything on hand to do so
And I feed it daily, I thaw a 1 inch strip of rods and feed my fish then dump what left on my nems.

MikeyA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's a pic of my mag, had him for about 4 months. He's a light lover who enjoys soft alternating flow , slow walks on the beach, and easy listening jazz lol.

He has bright light purple base, magenta tentacles with yellow tips. I need to figure out how to take better pics without the blue washing out all the colors.

20200509_161216.jpg

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My office tank sprung a leak Thursday so we have to empty it. The two anemones living there go to my refugium at home with the two anemones residing there. Purple tip Mag and Purple Gigantea living in the sump long term and the Yellow tipped Mag and the Green hybrid carpet just went in Thursday PM
DB1B05B9-583C-4BB5-AA1D-5C08A76D7187.jpeg

MikeyA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Incredible nems, I do believe you have their keep down to a science. Sorry about the tank leak. I'm building a new system cause I have a seam pop on me. Current tank is help together with quick grips lol.

But what's the secret to such great camera shots?

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been taken pictures since 1980. It was much harder to learn to take pictures back then. Expensive with film 35 mm pictures. Also there is no immediate feedback. I used to keep record of the shotS so several weeks later when I get the pictures I Know what I did. I guess when somebody take as many pictures as I am things eventually clicks.
The pictures above are iPhone pictures. These anemones are in my sump/refugium. Top down picture tend to be better in term of color but worst in clarity due to irregular water surface.

MikeyA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gorgeous mag! I love the all purple ones. Never seen one sit on the side of rock work like that. Is that his preferred spot?

And after looking at your pics I have determined I need to learn how and what filters to use for my camera phone.

greekspec2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gorgeous mag! I love the all purple ones. Never seen one sit on the side of rock work like that. Is that his preferred spot?

And after looking at your pics I have determined I need to learn how and what filters to use for my camera phone.

It’s a hair more purple looking because of the 20k halides and actinic blue T5’s. It’s been on that little island for a few months now without moving an inch.

MikeyA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another gorgeous mag! It's great to see so many of these creatures doing well today in captivity. Much better success rate. Of course a huge thanks and appreciation is due to the experts on this site.

On a different note I ordered a set of the orphek camera phone lens so hopefully I'll be able to capture more appealing photos on my tank that are more true to color. I figure since orphek makes great lights they surely make great lenses lol.

Does anyone have any experience with these lenses?

Sdot

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another gorgeous mag! It's great to see so many of these creatures doing well today in captivity. Much better success rate. Of course a huge thanks and appreciation is due to the experts on this site.

On a different note I ordered a set of the orphek camera phone lens so hopefully I'll be able to capture more appealing photos on my tank that are more true to color. I figure since orphek makes great lights they surely make great lenses lol.

Does anyone have any experience with these lenses?
Yup, they came with my order of the Alantik V4's. The do help in capturing the colors that very often gets washed out or muted when taking them with a standard camera.

MikeyA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm pretty anxious to see how well the lens helps my photo skills lol. I will probably have to shift some of the led colors to more white since I like my tank pretty blue.

Sdot

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This threads an oldie but a goody!
Any I will roll out my one in a million bi-colour mag again. It has a purple base, purple tentacles for 90% and the 10% bright green tentacles. Appearing like a grafted montipora

IMG_20200501_173316350.jpg IMG_20200508_105258711.jpg IMG_20200508_105232965.jpg
Where did you get it from and how long have you had it?

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 112 87.5%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.3%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.3%
Back