DBarsotti

DBarsotti

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great pictures!

There's one with a reddish base that just went up on divers den ha I want it but I leave for vacation on Friday.

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jared, you said earlier that when you chopped your mag that it did well for a while before getting an infection. How long was 'a while'? Few days; weeks? Mine is a natural split and I'm curious whether I should view it as good to go now after 3 weeks? I'm assuming yes at this point, just curious.

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, he's nice!

Having bought a couple of DD mags, they both ended up rather non descript - essentially mauve. I am NOT suggesting that DD misrepresents the animals, just that as they grow and expand colors fade (rather like blowing up a balloon).

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jared, you said earlier that when you chopped your mag that it did well for a while before getting an infection. How long was 'a while'? Few days; weeks? Mine is a natural split and I'm curious whether I should view it as good to go now after 3 weeks? I'm assuming yes at this point, just curious.

Calorie, I think your split will be fine. Natural splits are better. :)

Hopefully he split in a well established DT. If so, I'm sure it wasn't stress related. I think he's gonna do fine.

I've had really bad luck with my frags. Most of it has been my fault. I've made a lot of mistakes.

6/7/14

Both doing well, but then they went down for no reason. If I remember correctly, I came to the conclusion it was light sensitive. Put them in HT, and then back to DT in couple days as I didn't think it was infection. I may have been wrong.

Next month...one in DT and the other in tx again. This went on every month. Could have been Allelopathy, but I'm still not sure.

Yesterday....as you can see, this half has lost his Tents. He's been in and out of treatment over 10x. He'll eat and start to grow tents, but loose them again. He's stays pretty weak, but continues to survive. My upgrade is 3 months post and the tank is starting to level out now. I think he'll end up making it and start to grow again. I've had another mag do this before. It's like they get in this state of just merely existing but not growing at all. They loose their tents and stay like that for days. I'll keep you posted on this one.

Here's the other that did it. Wasn't a frag.

reefsponge

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
9610ADA0-3597-4576-B729-282895E11D89.jpeg

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is that a Mertensii underneath? The foot seem to be too big for Mertensii but it cannot be anything else.

reefsponge

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yes, that is my mertensi. It resided with its foot in a rock crevice spread out lower in my tank for well over a year. As the magnifica grew it started to shade the mertensi. Merten started walking the day before I left to Costa Rica for a week;NailbitingFor the last month it has secured itself right next to the magnifica and I haven’t noticed any decline in health or malady from touching.
F4611CFE-AE4B-431E-BF10-739D6DE7606D.jpeg

Last edited:

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gorgeous Mags @reefsponge and @OrionN [emoji7]What size did they start out as and how do they measure now?
I hardly ever feed him. Started out at about 5 inches, the smaller one of the two daughters is about that size and the larger one is about twice the diameter, thus 8 times as big.

reefsponge

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I’ve had mine since November when it was about 6” diameter and now it is about 9” diameter, no direct feedings.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Bumping for more pics! :D

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 86.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back