Hey Come to IMAC !

degall

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All;

Well, it has been my great pleasure for 6 years to offer IMAC to the community, but now it is time for me to step down for health reasons, after this year.

I hope you can join us in Chicago May 30, 31 and June 1 so I can get together with you one last time. I think we have a very good conference lined up for you as my farewell gift. Here are the Speakers:
Dr. Sanjay Joshi: “Reef Lightingâ€
Dr. Ron Shimek (2 presentations): “Currents & Feeding Corals†and “It’s Not As Bad As We Thought; It Is Far Worseâ€
Frank Burr: “Self-sustaining Marine Biospheresâ€
Matt Pedersen: "Breeding Fishesâ€
Scott Fellman: “Marine Biotope Aquariums: Taking Inspirations From Natureâ€
Adam Cesnales: “Form Meets Function: Designing Your Refugium to Work Harderâ€
Jake Adams: “Fluid Dynamics for the Reef Aquariumâ€
John Coppolino: “Rare Angelsâ€
Dr. Adelaide Rhodes: “Frontiers in Fish Growing - Newest Technologies in Aquaculture that can help the Hobbyistâ€
James Fatheree: “Tridnacnid Clams – Diversity and Lighting Needsâ€
Tony Vargas: “Tubbataha – Unexpected Paradiseâ€
Tim Hayes : “How to Be A Better Reefkeeperâ€
Allen LaPointe: “Water Quality Monitoring and Data Interpretationâ€
Tullio Dell Aquila: “Full Spectrum LED Systems for Aquariums and Aquaculture Useâ€
Tom Frakes (Banquet Speaker): “Global Warming: Reef Tanks and the Worldâ€
Robert “Bob†Fenner: “Mixed Reef Livestocking: Techniques and Approaches for Avoiding & Reducing Allelopathogenic Effectsâ€

In addition, we will have a Great Trade Show, a Speakers’ Reception, a “behind-the-scenes†Tour of the Shedd Aquarium and a Gala Banquet. For those of you who can only attend a day or two, we have posted a Program Schedule.

Since many of you have attended more than one IMAC, I have gotten to know many of you personally. That has been a very pleasant experience for me and I will certainly miss seeing you every year. I Thank You for your continued support and I wish you continued success in your Reefkeeping efforts. I just hope that IMAC may have played some small role in your success. I know I have benefited greatly from listening to all the fantastic Speakers (I’m so busy I don’t have time to see them live but that’s why we videotape them).

With every full registration, you can add up to 3 additional full registrations just for the price of Banquet tickets, and they get everything! If you have already bought Banquet tickets for someone, they will be converted to Full Registrations. This is Great for Club Members who want to bring a group.

And, we are adding an “IMAC Friends and Family†Category. For just $35 you can attend the Speakers and Exhibits, the Reception and the Raffle; and you also get a “goodie bag†and name tag and 15 Raffle tickets. You don’t get the Banquet, but it is a very good deal. We are trying it as a limited time offer so hurry over to www.theimac.org and sign up for it while it is still good.

Happy Reefkeeping,
Dennis

:p

shred5

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey Dennis whats up? I will be there. I was at the first one and all the rest. I have to be there for the last....

Any other R2R people going?.. I am heading down with Gooch sat morning and leaving Sunday and anyone is welcome to have a beer with us... We usaully have a group of people drinking in the lobby area close to the outside door and if it is real nice we will be out on the patio, mainly in the evening after dinner. For dinner a bunch of usually walk over to the mexican restraunt around the corner (We usually do this friday because sat we do the banquet, This year I am not doing it since I am not doing the full package due to the fact I will not be there friday)... A word of advise is bring a cooler of beer, the bar can get expensive after a bit.

Dave

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

degall

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Imac

We'll be looking for you Dave. I'll lift one with you to the last IMAC.

Cheers,
Dennis
:eek:ccasion5::eek:ccasion5:

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks Dennis for what you have done to further the hobby. I hate to see this conference go away for good, but I understand and hope your health improves quickly.

Thanks.

LMK what I can do as a reef site to help promote this last event.

OP
OP
D

degall

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Imac

Thanks, revhtree, I just added it to your calendar. If I had your email address I could send you a banner or you could pick one up at our website, if you click on the "About IMAC" photo. It's a little late, but wouldn't hurt.

Thanks,
Dennis
:D

FateX8

Frag Dragon
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
man looks like an awesome list of speakers, and im interested in each one of the topics!
wish i could go too though, will this be available in podcast format or no?
can someone record this and post it up somewhere for those of us that are less fortunate?

OP
OP
D

degall

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Imac

No podcast, Fatex8 but we do videotape everybody. You can even see streaming videos of some of them on the IMAC website www.theimac.org . Videos of many previous speakers can also be purchased on the website. Just click on IMAC shopping.

Wish you could make it.

Cheers,
Dennis

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 19 14.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 14.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 75 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.8%
Back