Hey hey from NYC

JXNATC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

Excited to be here. I'm new to reefing, but have been keeping freshwater tanks for several years now. Have been very curious about saltwater and just recently decided to make the switch and build up a 40B. Plan to avoid as many newbie pitfalls as possible by taking it slow, but no one should be surprised by a few "Help me, plz" threads popping up now and again ;Oldman. Can't wait to see all your killer setups in the process!

Attachments

• 72267.png
    72267.png
    57 KB · Views: 16

ap1194

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Probably a year and a half but I had an issue with the system and I did a reboot November 2020. I pull frags off it constantly. Free salt and frozen food at the LFS!
Thats pretty cool, also your tanks bare bottom correct? If so how did manage to have it stick?

attiland

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

Excited to be here. I'm new to reefing, but have been keeping freshwater tanks for several years now. Have been very curious about saltwater and just recently decided to make the switch and build up a 40B. Plan to avoid as many newbie pitfalls as possible by taking it slow, but no one should be surprised by a few "Help me, plz" threads popping up now and again ;Oldman. Can't wait to see all your killer setups in the process!
Welcome to R2R
Welcome to R2R.JPG

OP
OP
RummynoseToReef

RummynoseToReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

tsouth

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Cheeze , @tsouth , @jcdeng

Do you guys have a preferred LFS in the 5 boroughs? Pacific Aquarium is my go-to, but I felt like their sw selection was lacking the last time I was there. Any preferences?
Manhattan aquariums in Hell’s Kitchen by the vessel is okay. I shop online a lot via live sales. A reef creation and tck corals in buffalo are solid. Pacific is less than stellar and I would not recommend it.

I have a good friend who is nearby and we do a lot of trading. Send me a DM and come drop by sometime. I’m on Vanderbilt and myrtle in Brooklyn, nearby ft. Greene park.

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

Welcome! Glad you joined. I came from the freshwater side too!

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:

jcdeng

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Cheeze , @tsouth , @jcdeng

Do you guys have a preferred LFS in the 5 boroughs? Pacific Aquarium is my go-to, but I felt like their sw selection was lacking the last time I was there. Any preferences?
I buy fish online mostly, corals i either get from fellow hobbists on r2r or vendors on r2r, so I don’t have a favorite lfs. Manhattan aquarium is great, been there a few times during my reefing years, just can’t find paking around that area.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 79 38.2%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 69 33.3%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 26 12.6%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 31 15.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back