Hey hey from NYC

Cheeze

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Cheeze , @tsouth , @jcdeng

Do you guys have a preferred LFS in the 5 boroughs? Pacific Aquarium is my go-to, but I felt like their sw selection was lacking the last time I was there. Any preferences?
I usually go to Manhattan Aquarium over by the Javits Center now that I'm in the city, or I buy online.
When I used to live in Brooklyn, there were a couple of spots I would always go to but I'm not sure if they are still in business. Brooklyn Zoo & Aquarium and Pop Corals are a couple I recall...a Google Maps search should give you some more results!

Frag Farm

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

Excited to be here. I'm new to reefing, but have been keeping freshwater tanks for several years now. Have been very curious about saltwater and just recently decided to make the switch and build up a 40B. Plan to avoid as many newbie pitfalls as possible by taking it slow, but no one should be surprised by a few "Help me, plz" threads popping up now and again ;Oldman. Can't wait to see all your killer setups in the process!
Hey and welcome to the hobby! We are a store located at 227 Main St. in Staten Island, NY! If you are in the area, come check us out. We're always here if you need any advice or any equipment, fish, or corals to get you started. Feel free to email us at [email protected] for a discount code that you could use on our website. Visit fragfarmcoral.com for more and happy reefing!! :)

Frag Farm

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi
9CC66A7C-72A0-45FC-827E-2D667E416DAB.jpeg
Beautiful Tank!!

ProxyAquarist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
... I'm new to reefing, but have been keeping freshwater tanks for several years now. Have been very curious about saltwater and just recently decided to make the switch ... Plan to avoid as many newbie pitfalls as possible by taking it slow, but no one should be surprised by a few "Help me, plz" threads ...

Welcome to R2R !

Your freshwater experience will serve you well. Taking it slow is best, and I am sure the community here will be glad to help.

Looking forward to your progress in 2022,
Jim

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 36.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 29.9%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 23.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back