Hey there

Justanotherfishweirdo

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 18, 2020
Messages
19
Reaction score
31
Location
Central Coast
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi my names Jes and I’m a fishaholic

I started out with a 55g mixed reef which turned into two 55g tanks... and now I’m setting up a 400g ‍♀️

I’ve been breeding g tropical freshies since I was 17 but I’ve only had salties for 6 months. Started because I have two disabled kids and after seeing how they enjoyed the reef tank in the hospital and the positive effect it had on one of them and how it helped him recover faster from his seizures I thought I have to get one for home.

Theyre ‘his’ fish but I’m the tank slave. It’s been one heck of a crash course. The first tank we got was riddled with aiptasia (still an issue) as well as bristle worms. It had a small amount of SPS which I promptly and accidentally decimated but I think I’ve managed to save some frags.
second set up I learned from the mistakes of the first and cured the live rock first before seeding again. That tanks doing much better and has far fewer problems.

the giant 400g display tank is going to be a 4-6 month build process. We have alllllot of live rock curing. And hubby’s going to have to build me a custom stand and housing for the sump. We are doing all this on a budget so every single piece of equipment we have is second hand. So is the rock and a lot of the live stock.
 
Welcome to R2R!!!

Clownfish.gif
 
welcome to the show.
:cool:
(bristle worms are good member of your CUC)
I thought so too but they seem to be annoying some of my corals (Aussie war coral and platygyra) they’ve caused a few heads? Mouths? To die off which I’m worried about.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new