HEY YOU! What can R2R do to make visiting the site better? CASH for ideas!

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
YES YOU!

We want to take R2R to the next level and we need you to think outside the BOX! Get you're brain working and tell us some things that we might try to do to make coming to R2R daily even better.

If we use your idea we will send you $50 cash! (the idea has to be something we don't already have going or are planning already. You'll have to trust us. :))

What could make R2R so much more interactive?

Get the ideas going!

Djannel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is awesome.

Don't know if this exists already.

Perhaps creating a section in the forum for additional hobbies besides reefing.

For example, I am a DJ and would love to know if anyone else out there has the same interest an taste in music? Not really a huge idea but sort of expanding the forum.

Djtonton

Saltwater Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was looking for this the other day do you guys have an RSS feed? I wanted too add a little gadget to my Windows 7 Desktop that pulled from an RSS feed so i could always be up to date without having to open up my web browser. You might already have this i just couldn't find it.

Djtonton

Saltwater Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
maybe it would also be neat if you had maybe a live graph/map of whose all visiting the site. It would be interesting to see which state is bringing the most traffic to the site??

otherwise keep up what your doing i love the site!! My #1 reef website!!!

Last edited:
OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
monthly hottest reefer chick contest

Umm no! LOL!

This is awesome.

Don't know if this exists already.

Perhaps creating a section in the forum for additional hobbies besides reefing.

For example, I am a DJ and would love to know if anyone else out there has the same interest an taste in music? Not really a huge idea but sort of expanding the forum.

Something to think about but that might be a little much since we have such a diversity of people.

I was looking for this the other day do you guys have an RSS feed? I wanted too add a little gadget to my Windows 7 Desktop that pulled from an RSS feed so i could always be up to date without having to open up my web browser. You might already have this i just couldn't find it.

We do! Look here under the each forum description for the little orange RSS box. https://www.reef2reef.com/forums/forum.php

maybe it would also be neat if you had maybe a live graph/map of whose all visiting the site. It would be interesting to see which state is bringing the most traffic to the site??

otherwise keep up what your doing i love the site!! My #1 reef website!!!

Thanks for the compliment and we will look at this!

diamondreef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Live feed at certain times for how-to videos... then people can see step by step and ask questions while watching the process... :)
Fragging, set up, plumbing, coral placement, water making, flow adjusting, etc... so many videos to be made and so many talented and experienced reefers on reef2reef! :)

ohio reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay. Haha I'm just brainstorming.
I know that the hardest part of getting in the hobby was finding a good lfs, you could have a section where new hobbiest could find the names of fish stores in the area. It could be a sticky in the local reef club forums, and the locals with more experience can name and rate the fish store.

glb

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you guys figured out why some of us can't post pics?

cdness

2006 - Present
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think one of the most useful things to add to the site would be a logging tool. As part of your profile you can catalog your additions to the tank from equipment to coral and fish. Have an area to input your parameters from testing the tank with two sets of targets, one user specified and another to be the NSW levels. Have graphing available to show trends and give targeted tips to help the reefer bring out of spec numbers back where they should be.

The dosing calculators could also be worked into this tool to help determine the dose required to get back on target for parameters.

GHill762

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd like to be able to see all pics in the app.. lol..

and a "like" button to like posts.. I always thought it'd be silly but two of the forums I'm on now have that feature and I actually like it.

other than that, this forum is pretty solid.. love all of the drawings/contests..

skinz78

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two suggestions:

1. A modification that lets you know when someone else mentions your username in a post.
2. A button that a user could push to take them to THEIR last post in a thread.

ohio reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kinda along with cdness. But we can put out tank info as our default signature. Like after we post it says out tank size, lights, stock, and most recent parameters. You can modify it whenever you want and it helps clear up issues like "why is this coral not opening?" And all of the obvious questions can be answered as soon as the user submits their post. If someone asks for advice on some coral the first thing you ask is tank size, lighting, and parameters, with this feature you can answer questions easier and earlier.

Squishie89

Glub Glub
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kinda along with cdness. But we can put out tank info as our default signature. Like after we post it says out tank size, lights, stock, and most recent parameters. You can modify it whenever you want and it helps clear up issues like "why is this coral not opening?" And all of the obvious questions can be answered as soon as the user submits their post. If someone asks for advice on some coral the first thing you ask is tank size, lighting, and parameters, with this feature you can answer questions easier and earlier.

I have two suggestions:

1. A modification that lets you know when someone else mentions your username in a post.
2. A button that a user could push to take them to THEIR last post in a thread.

I think one of the most useful things to add to the site would be a logging tool. As part of your profile you can catalog your additions to the tank from equipment to coral and fish. Have an area to input your parameters from testing the tank with two sets of targets, one user specified and another to be the NSW levels. Have graphing available to show trends and give targeted tips to help the reefer bring out of spec numbers back where they should be.

The dosing calculators could also be worked into this tool to help determine the dose required to get back on target for parameters.

I am loving these ideas! I hope R2R will utilize these!
I know this is in the works, so this is just me pestering you, but we need R2R merch!!

jkef2010

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Set up a live web cam chat for newbies. Have it for certain days or certain times have the people that know the ins and outs of reef keeping volunteer for a day an hour or so or alternate people or have multiple people so some people like my self could actually sit and talk and explain better on whats going on and what they need help with I think this would attract a lot of people you could use Skype and have certain names for those who want to do it etc Just a thought

chappy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How about alot more post in each thread page
it is a total beating finding those little boxes to go to the next page when I am using my phone

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 27.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 32 36.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 26 29.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back