Hi All

Anoop Verma

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all, my name is Anoop but everyone usually just calls me Snoop. I am new to R2R. Currently in the process of re-starting up my 46gal bowfront tank. Currently running into issues with my nitrate levels being a little high, my guess is its because of my filtration. I am currently running 2-50gal aquaclear filters. I just bought a large CPR HOB fuge and it should be in tomorrow. Any tips on to how I should set up the fuge?

Thanks All
Happy reefing

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R Snoop!
welcome12_af875eaa887ed91c39e4c81c7d4fd966-0ed06ab93ea565647147c6beddbca4eb.gif
giphy.gif
#WelcometoR2R

Did you buy the cpr that comes with or without the light?

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Welcome to the forum, where you will find lots of lovely people, full of great knowledge and advice. We look forward to seeing your reef tank and the process.

In regards to your question, how old is the tank, and did you use live rock or base rock? You could wait and see what it does after the tank cycles. You could also do a 20% water change as well. I would definitely look into your filters, before you get little critters in there. As far as your Fuge, there are so many options it’s hard to list. However, if you have an idea of how you want it to be, we can all guide you in the right direction.

Sincerely
Sarah

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your best bet would be to check out amazon for a red and blue led horticulture led strip. and adhere that to the hob refugium for best growth and performance. Or if you're able to get a Kessil H80 and mount it to it.

OP
OP
Anoop Verma

Anoop Verma

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Welcome to the forum, where you will find lots of lovely people, full of great knowledge and advice. We look forward to seeing your reef tank and the process.

In regards to your question, how old is the tank, and did you use live rock or base rock? You could wait and see what it does after the tank cycles. You could also do a 20% water change as well. I would definitely look into your filters, before you get little critters in there. As far as your Fuge, there are so many options it’s hard to list. However, if you have an idea of how you want it to be, we can all guide you in the right direction.

Sincerely
Sarah

Tank is about 2 years old. Had it setup and running great then got busy with life and stopped looking after it. I am restarting it now, I had base rock and the tank has been cycling for about 3 months now. the numbers seem to be coming down but the nitrates are still around 10ppm. The local fish store near me said it was safe enough to add a few fishes so I added a couple of clownfish so far. I am doing a 10% water change every two weeks right now. Hopefully my fuge comes in tomorrow. I wanted to know the best route to go with the fuge. Miracle mud or just live sand. kind of light. placement. lol

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all, my name is Anoop but everyone usually just calls me Snoop. I am new to R2R. Currently in the process of re-starting up my 46gal bowfront tank. Currently running into issues with my nitrate levels being a little high, my guess is its because of my filtration. I am currently running 2-50gal aquaclear filters. I just bought a large CPR HOB fuge and it should be in tomorrow. Any tips on to how I should set up the fuge?

Thanks All
Happy reefing

Welcome! Just make sure the HOB Aquafuge is vertically level against the tank using the attached screw adjustments. You want all of the weight distributed vertically on the aquarium.

Back