Hi everyone!

Salty Rambler

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R! Once things cycle, become stable, and there is something growing for them to eat, you might look at adding snails and hermits. You are already thinking of an urchin and a shrimp, so maybe add 3-4 each of hermit crabs, trochus snails, and nassarius snails.

WirelessMike

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the reef. Check this site out for CUC. They actually have recommendations based on tank size. Ordered a crew from them and it was all good.

ShepherdReefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everybody! I recently found this forum and I thought it would be cool to join. A little background on me I have a 20 gallon freshwater community tank, a 15 gallon brackish figure 8 puffer tank. I have recently been really interested in setting up a nano saltwater tank but I need advice. I have always been wanting a pair of ocellaris clownfish and recently I have fallen in love with tuxedo urchins and cleaner shrimp. So what I'm thinking is an old 14 gallon hexagon tank that I have stocked with 2 ocellaris clownfish, 1 tuxedo urchin, 1 skunk cleaner shrimp and a CUC. Im ok if I have to supplement feed the urchin/shrimp. The equipment ill use is a HOB filter with filter floss and carbon that will be changed out each week, a heater, my freshwater lights because right now I don't want corals but maybe in the future when I can get a proper light, an auto top off system and a wavemaker. I will be using RODI water and I have a refractometer to check salinity. I still don't know if I should use live rock or dry rock and do you think I can add any more fish or will that be pushing it. Thank you for your advice and help and I'm sorry if this post is really long. :)
Hello and welcome to the channel.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 35 34.3%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 21 20.6%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 8.8%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 5.9%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 28 27.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.9%
Back