Hi from Basel, Switzerland

  • Thread starter Thread starter Gianfranco
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Hi dear Aquarium friends, my name is Gianfranco 49 years and I live in Basel Switzerland.

My current 5 year old mixed reef tank is 100 x 70 x 60 cm with a simple sump.

For years, I had a very strong Acropora coral growth until things got out of hand. I had underestimated the coral war and at the end the aquarium looked terrible. During my summer vacation, a hose loosened at the dosing pumps and the alkalinity dropped to 6 dKH for over a week. 5 corals had not recovered.

Ok enough negative report. It is going well again. For 3 months I try to keep everything stable to get the aquarium back with magnificent coral growth.

I hope I can share in the Reef2Reef Forum experiences and learn many new insights.

Forgive my English. It's also a mix of Girlfriend English, boring school lessons and Google Translator

equipment
2x Ecotech Radion G4 with Daylight Schedule (Moderate Blue)
Ecotech Vortech MP40 Pump
Ecotech Vectra M1 Pump
Tunze Skimmer
China Reactor for carbon
4-channel dosing pump

water values
NO3 1-2
PO4 0.04 - 0.08
Ca 430-450
Alk 9-10
Mg 1300 - 1350

For the coral care I use the complete Red Sea Reef Care program.
Before the Sangokai system from Germany.

IMG_20181006_190734-01.jpg
IMG_20181006_190803-01.jpg
IMG_20181006_190831-01.jpg
IMG_20181006_190919.jpg
IMG_20181006_190931.jpg
IMG_20181006_191004.jpg
IMG_20181006_191020.jpg
IMG_20181006_190651-03.jpg
Love your tank, especially canopy for lighting. Thanks for sharing
 
Thank you all. I already feel well :)

I designed the canopy myself (CAD). The inspiration came from another aquarist. The cutting and gluing has done a specialized company

Here is a picture of the sump. I try to have the most necessary for little maintenance.
IMG_20181007_133711.jpg

Now that’s a well organized and maintained sump. I like the clean look.
 
Welcome to R2R and thanks for joining.

You have a great looking tank and system, very good English,

AND.......you have a Swiss bank account!

You are a very lucky man and we are happy to have you here!

Please keep us all updated.
 
Welcome to R2R and thanks for joining.

You have a great looking tank and system, very good English,

AND.......you have a Swiss bank account!

You are a very lucky man and we are happy to have you here!

Please keep us all updated.

Thank you with this Hobby a Swiss bank account is an important parameter..haha ;Greedy
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 24.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new