Hi from Colorado

SnowyFox

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 9, 2023
Messages
154
Reaction score
186
Location
Boulder
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi

Long time lurker. Got in a bit over my head trying to get a "new to me" aquarium setup, and came here for some help and advice on the project. I've only ever kept freshwater cichlids so far, but really want to get into saltwater / corals sometime. I've been told that I setup my freshwater tank like you would for saltwater, so I think it should be an easy jump to saltwater later when I'm ready to make the jump over. Trouble I have now is living in an apartment, and not really having the room, or budget, for more than 1 aquarium right now.

I had a 125 gallon cichlid tank running with a sump for many years, but it blew a seam a few weeks ago. Luckily I caught it in time to save the fishies. They have been living in a small 40 gallon breeder tank for the last month while trying to get the 125 gallon tank replaced.
 
IMG_0708.jpeg
 
Welcome to R2R. Now your over lurking, stick around. You can and will get allot of help and advice here. Seems like every day I'm learning something new. Good luck with your cichlids and future Reef journey.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new