Hi from Sydney

Welcome to R2R and back to the salty world. Nice tank and neat test kit. Lots of knowledgeable and helpful people here who will support and advise you when needed.
 
Welcome to R2R, nice setup!!!
ZomboMeme 17102020231958.jpg
 
Hi There,
i am 18 months into my 700 litre (184g) reef tank. I had a reef tank for about 10 years several years ago before i got rid of it. I missed in and got back into it in a bigger and better way. More science more attention to details, testing parameters etc. I have been trolling BRS on facebook and watching their video's but another source of good info.

I have been battling green hair algae for several months and making little progress until this week. I finally got on to Flux Rx. I had tried a bunch of other things that had little success. We can't get Flux Rx here in Au so i had to order it from the US. and it worked a treat, 9 days in and the green hair algae is virtually gone. A few small patches which i am syphoning away.

I haven't got a lot of coral yet because the algae has been so bad and was killing things.
I also recently got a media reactor and things have really started to stabilise. So i am beginning the stocking up part now.

Still on the list is a Clarisea roller filter (coming soon, don't tell the finance controller)

20210816_143317.jpg

I recently went full geek on the test kit as well. This is is much handier than i suspected it would be:
20210807_100522.jpg
Welcome!

Glad you joined... and I'm going to look into Flux Rx as I'm battling it too. Thanks for sharing

EDIT: You mean Reef Flux Rx and yes did an amazing job on my bryopsis algae, which is different than the green hair algae (GHA) currently re-starting treating... Reef Flux and my yellow tang did not get along, but yellow tang went to QT during display tank's treatment and then yellow tang moved home once treatment was over.Everything else in my tank did fine with Reef Flux and left it in full amount of time (as I didn't want to have to do treatment again)
 
Last edited:
Hi There,
i am 18 months into my 700 litre (184g) reef tank. I had a reef tank for about 10 years several years ago before i got rid of it. I missed in and got back into it in a bigger and better way. More science more attention to details, testing parameters etc. I have been trolling BRS on facebook and watching their video's but another source of good info.

I have been battling green hair algae for several months and making little progress until this week. I finally got on to Flux Rx. I had tried a bunch of other things that had little success. We can't get Flux Rx here in Au so i had to order it from the US. and it worked a treat, 9 days in and the green hair algae is virtually gone. A few small patches which i am syphoning away.

I haven't got a lot of coral yet because the algae has been so bad and was killing things.
I also recently got a media reactor and things have really started to stabilise. So i am beginning the stocking up part now.

Still on the list is a Clarisea roller filter (coming soon, don't tell the finance controller)

20210816_143317.jpg

I recently went full geek on the test kit as well. This is is much handier than i suspected it would be:
20210807_100522.jpg
Welcome to R2R!!!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 11 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new