Hi from the UK

PupBarker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all!

New member to R2R here from UK. Involved with a forum over here but thought I’d check this one out aswell:p

In the process of setting my first marine tank up. Been in the planning for 8 months now, got all my equipment together and ordered my tank last week.

My current equipment and planned systems:
Skimmer: Bubble Magus Curve 7.
Doser: D&D H2Ocean P4 Pro
Dosing System: Fauna Marin Balling Lite W/ Trace Elements.
Bio-Filtration: ~15Kg Real Reef Rock in DT, ~40Kg DIY rock in DT & 15L Siporax in Sump
Mech-Filtration: Innovitech X-Filter 1.0
Lighting: X2 Ecotech Radion XR30 Pro G3 on Radion Mounts.
Powerheads: X2 Ecotech Vortech MP40QD.
Return Pump: Ecotech Vectra M1 plumbed using 3/4" return line into a RFG Nozzle.
Manifold Pump: Jebao DCP3000 (May upgrade this as time goes on)
Reactor: Aquaforest AF110 running Rowaphos & Rowacarbon, ALR1 Running Cheato/Caulurpa.
Heater: 300W Schego as main heater on controller, Eheim Jager 300w as backup set at 1 Deg less.
Heater Controller: D&D Heater/Cooler Controller.
RO System: VYair 4 stage system with additional DI pod and D&D TDS meter.
Refractometer: D&D H2Ocean Refractometer (need to buy calibration solution to double check)
Test Kits: Mostly Salifert for reagent test kits.

Thanks all for reading and please to meet you all;Shamefullyembarrased

Josh.

Retro Reefer

Slow and steady wins the race!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
034B653E-C9DD-4C66-BE5D-A612CAB9FB4D.gif

OP
OP
PupBarker

PupBarker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R and your new reefing family. Nice equipment list but I have one question. What tank is this equipment going to run? :)
Well that’s a very good question I suppose:)

I’ve order a custom tank from a local tank builder who builds nothing but exceptional aquariums. The dimensions are 49”L x 27”W x 24” T giving a rough gross volume of 510L.

No pictures yet as it’s still being built but I’ve got the design for the sump too. It’s a 40”L x 22”W x 20”T. 4 sections. First section will house my roller filter and crate of approx 10-15L of siporax. Second section will be a 12” fuge and third section will house the equipment. Reactors and skimmers. Last section will house the M1 return pump.
I’ve got a cellar (basement) directly below where my tank is going to be sited so I’ll place my RO top up down there along with some sockets for my equipment to reduce the clutter under the stand.

Cheers:cool:

dbl

It Takes Less Energy to be Nice
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well that’s a very good question I suppose:)

I’ve order a custom tank from a local tank builder who builds nothing but exceptional aquariums. The dimensions are 49”L x 27”W x 24” T giving a rough gross volume of 510L.

No pictures yet as it’s still being built but I’ve got the design for the sump too. It’s a 40”L x 22”W x 20”T. 4 sections. First section will house my roller filter and crate of approx 10-15L of siporax. Second section will be a 12” fuge and third section will house the equipment. Reactors and skimmers. Last section will house the M1 return pump.
I’ve got a cellar (basement) directly below where my tank is going to be sited so I’ll place my RO top up down there along with some sockets for my equipment to reduce the clutter under the stand.

Cheers:cool:

Sounds awesome. I would encourage you to start a build thread once you get started. It's a great way to share the progress and be able to go back and see your how this all started years from now.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 41.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 25 19.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 45 35.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back