Hi guys!

TnFishwater98

Drink more fishwater there! And I still want more!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to da Reef! I’m sure technology has changed since your break but as you know the fundamentals and foundation of a good tank hasn’t. Hopefully the new tech will make things smoother and more enjoyable..& probably more expensive! Best of Luck on your restart!

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hi everyone,

I'm back in the hobby after a 15 year hiatus!

The first tank was an Aqua Medic Perc 90 with metal halides and a ropey hang on skimmer.

The new tank is a Red Sea Reefer 425XL with Red sea reefled 90's, deltec 600i skimmer, a pair of Nero 5's, a Kamoer 4 channel doser, reef octopus reactor (not running yet) and a tunze ATO.

The tank has been running for around a month and the levels have just become acceptable for live stock so I've popped a couple of chromis and a tiny cuc in.

Much has changed in the many years I've been away, I'm especially interested in the new school of thought ref nitrites.

I'm sure I'll be on here bothering you all for advice every day!

I've no idea how to post pictures yet but I'm sure I'll figure it out!
Welcome back! A lot has changed but much is still the same. To post a picture, click the button next to the link and pick your file to attach.

OP
OP
B

BradUK

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the warm welcome guys.

I have a very rare day off work today so I've done a full work up of tests on the new DT. Ammonia has been at zero for over a week and nitrate is floating around undetectable, I'm going to buy a different test kit to check against the results of the Red Sea kit I've been using to satisfy myself though.

Nitrate is at 15ppm and has been progressively falling through water changes so I'm thinking of transferring a couple of fish from the little "practice" tank we had running upstairs!

stewie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome
finding nemo fish GIF by Monterey Bay Aquarium

OP
OP
B

BradUK

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome!

Glad you joined. Search functionality here is really great, if you want to drill into nitrites. You've probably already come across this post:
That was a fascinating read!

Mixing lighting technologies: Do you use multiple types of lighting for your reef?

• I currently use multiple types of lighting for my reef.

Votes: 9 52.9%
  • I have used multiple types of lighting for my reef in the past.

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • I haven’t used multiple types of lighting for my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • I have no plans to use multiple types of lighting for my reef.

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back