Hi I'm Hanna

tazzette

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is my first time with a saltwater tank want to know what people think and if there's anything I can do differently for arranging my tank

1710358433147689901402291121515.jpg

Thalasstronaut

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will second the notion about rocks on glass. I like to be mindful of a perimeter of at least a couple inches in on all sides so I can effectively clean the glass there.

You may want to think about securing your rocks together when you settle on an aqua scape you like, just to be on the safe side.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

Sleeping Giant

Proud Canadian Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
welcome to R2R, nice first tank.

I would move the rock in the corner to the white one in the middle and build a small cave or passageway, it'll give your fish a place to hide and they will be able to swim through, I would connect it from the white middle one to the purple rock.. similar to an archway. This will get the rocks away from the glass, as stated above its good to allow room for the magnetic cleaner to pass by.

If you don't want to get a refractometer, I would suggest getting a Hanna Salinity tester with the temperature gauge. I have one and it works good.

If you want to hide the tubes and wires behind it, you can get decorated backgrounds at almost any fish store or online instead of trying to paint it while there's fish, water and corals in the tank... probably not a good idea.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 14.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 7.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 78 55.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.4%
Back