Hi I'm Hanna

tazzette

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 17, 2024
Messages
68
Reaction score
45
Location
Sudbury
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is my first time with a saltwater tank want to know what people think and if there's anything I can do differently for arranging my tank

1710358433147689901402291121515.jpg
 
I will second the notion about rocks on glass. I like to be mindful of a perimeter of at least a couple inches in on all sides so I can effectively clean the glass there.

You may want to think about securing your rocks together when you settle on an aqua scape you like, just to be on the safe side.
 
Welcome, glad you are here! Personally I would paint or black out the back glass to hide all the wiring. Your off to a great start!
 
Welcome to R2R!
 
welcome to R2R, nice first tank.

I would move the rock in the corner to the white one in the middle and build a small cave or passageway, it'll give your fish a place to hide and they will be able to swim through, I would connect it from the white middle one to the purple rock.. similar to an archway. This will get the rocks away from the glass, as stated above its good to allow room for the magnetic cleaner to pass by.

If you don't want to get a refractometer, I would suggest getting a Hanna Salinity tester with the temperature gauge. I have one and it works good.

If you want to hide the tubes and wires behind it, you can get decorated backgrounds at almost any fish store or online instead of trying to paint it while there's fish, water and corals in the tank... probably not a good idea.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new