Hiding your skimmer hose. How do?

For the screen I picked this up at dollar store cut it to size and flattened it. Hot glue in the inside bottom knockout....
1755822915050.png
Thats a good idea! I figured something small like a window screen would be fairly restrictive.
 
Use the metal box and make sure to seal the the edge around the incoming pipe and around the box also....I just used some regular external window silicon...good to go, under $10 bucks....
 
Thats a good idea! I figured something small like a window screen would be fairly restrictive.
How far of a run are you going? Definitely up the tube/pipe size from skimmer. My hose is 5/16” at skimmer but I ran 1” pvc to avoid have any restrictions. Otherwise it seems most people who don’t see a change it’s due to running a small line and being restricted.
 
How far of a run are you going? Definitely up the tube/pipe size from skimmer. My hose is 5/16” at skimmer but I ran 1” pvc to avoid have any restrictions. Otherwise it seems most people who don’t see a change it’s due to running a small line and being restricted.
I went up 5' or so, and over about 10' and ran 1/2"... hopefully that is enough. I have the pipe run, and my skimmer plugged into it, as I was curious with it up by the ceiling if I'd get less co2 and my skimmer started up perfectly adjusted still so I assumed it was fine
 
I went up 5' or so, and over about 10' and ran 1/2"... hopefully that is enough. I have the pipe run, and my skimmer plugged into it, as I was curious with it up by the ceiling if I'd get less co2 and my skimmer started up perfectly adjusted still so I assumed it was fine
1/2” ID is plenty, unless your skimmer is comically massive!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 20 22.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 27 30.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new