High calcium

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Shameless_Dood

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking for advice. I did a test back on 10-21 and it came back my calcium was 520. I'm using the original base elements at about 45 ml a day currently and my ALK is around 7.5. I had dropped the #2 solution to 5ml a day. Fast forward to today and my test came back with calcium of 550.

So my question is now what? Obviously the upward trend can't keep going. ha! Should I completely turn off that solution #2 on my doser? I've got 15 SPS frags and the majority are showing obvious signs of growth, so I would think there would have been at least a little drop in calcium between that and the coraline that's exploding.

Jason mack

Monti madness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When i had similar issues i just lowered my Calc dose low and waited for the system too correct i was testing Every two days .. when i saw it had droped low enough i just upped the dosing slowly again a little everyday .. worked for me !

OP
OP
Shameless_Dood

Shameless_Dood

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Right. I had already dropped the dosage back in October and this sample was pulled right before thanksgiving. So during that time it rose, that's what I'm confused about.

Tim@Triton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Right. I had already dropped the dosage back in October and this sample was pulled right before thanksgiving. So during that time it rose, that's what I'm confused about.
You can switch it off, but, firstly we need to get some obvious checks out of the way, forgive the questions but more people do it than you could know!

Firstly confirm that it is number 2 that you reduced. Physically see that there is more of solution number 2 left compared to the others, check the hoses are connected to the correct pumps...

OP
OP
Shameless_Dood

Shameless_Dood

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can switch it off, but, firstly we need to get some obvious checks out of the way, forgive the questions but more people do it than you could know!

Firstly confirm that it is number 2 that you reduced. Physically see that there is more of solution number 2 left compared to the others, check the hoses are connected to the correct pumps...

I can only imagine. The simplest explanation is normally the correct one! or just plain old human error.

Yes I did check that. It's pretty obvious right now, my doser is reporting 387 ML of the other solutions and 932 of #2. When I pick them up there's an obvious weight difference. Also, I am super careful when I refill the dosing bottles to not accidentally mix them up.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 23.9%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back