High end, rare, underrated or not often seen softies.

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lousy cell phone picture.

Finally saw the sclerites everyone was talking about.

Bought as Japanese pink nepthea from @nivekid. His original frag was from Unique corals.

Loving it!
Thank you!
642fefa78d41eca85c1145732eff359b.jpg
Man that nice

norfolkgarden

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice! Been looking for this stuff
Marinefarmers.com also sells it.

We have 1 from Marine Farmers, 1 from Unique corals, 3 from @nivekid that are Unique corals stock.
All of them exhibit the sclerites.

This coral is pretty bulletproof.
[emoji846]

I do everything manually and parameters won't keep SPS happy more that a few months.
[emoji53]

No issues with this one.
Maybe double in size in 3 months?
Torch/Frogspawn flow and lighting works well for it.

catfishblues

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Marinefarmers.com also sells it.

We have 1 from Marine Farmers, 1 from Unique corals, 3 from @nivekid that are Unique corals stock.
All of them exhibit the sclerites.

This coral is pretty bulletproof.
[emoji846]

I do everything manually and parameters won't keep SPS happy more that a few months.
[emoji53]

No issues with this one.
Maybe double in size in 3 months?
Torch/Frogspawn flow and lighting works well for it.
I owe you one! I've been lurking on unique corals and a few others waiting for it to get back in stock. Just emailed marine farmers for this and some others I'd been looking for.

norfolkgarden

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I owe you one! I've been lurking on unique corals and a few others waiting for it to get back in stock. Just emailed marine farmers for this and some others I'd been looking for.
Lol, awesome!

Very happy repeat customer.

Pablo is awesome!

Surfandturf

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Juzt add to DT. 2hrs ago?

Right now 2 inches longer.
Very healthy

20181113_171810.jpg
I have tried these corals. So beautiful. Problem is that they need so much food in the water column that you will sacrifice the health of your entire system. I kept one alive for a few months but it eventually dwindled away. There have been research papers written on these corals that I would Google and read. I wish all the luck to you becaise these corals are simply amazing!

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have tried these corals. So beautiful. Problem is that they need so much food in the water column that you will sacrifice the health of your entire system. I kept one alive for a few months but it eventually dwindled away. There have been research papers written on these corals that I would Google and read. I wish all the luck to you becaise these corals are simply amazing!
Very true, I've read most important papers on these corals. Still trial and error. Making progress. Maybe one day before to late and all wild corals banned someone will be able to aquaculture some species of these corals.

Hermie

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LiveAquaria ORA neon green sinularia. They were beautiful but a dismal failure for us.
Still cant decide if it was too much light, too much flow, or being "toxed out" by the other stuff in our tank.
3 for 3 complete failure in a months time each time.
They arrived great, opened well and then declined over a month.

86070dad7ee15530cf3cfa40a3ed1b12.jpg

I've had some bad luck with Sinularia, and in my inexperienced opinion, I think the Sinularia need more time to heal after being fragged or cut... before being sold. Well that's kind of what happened with me anyway. It never attached to anything and nuked the tank out it's "cut" end. The cut end needed to heal before I took the frag from the person. They basically cut off a limb from the mother colony and put it in a bottle for me.

nano reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did have this but I lost it when I had some tank troubles. Its a photosynthetic Nephtheidae called Stereonephthea. I loved it with its sharp polyps and visible sclerites. It had the Dendronephthea look but photosynthetic. Gutted this died.

20170128_132031-01.jpeg

20170128_132002-01.jpeg

20170604_134837-01.jpeg
Love these somuch! I almost bought a koji wada or something like that unique corals has but to pricey! I thought only his had the sclerites!

KingTideCorals

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is my near basketball size colony of green Nepthea. I have a smaller softball size colony if anyone is interested. Love this coral but grows super fast.
CSC_0729.JPG
0DF81824-989E-4F28-BDFD-B4C6EC0729ED.jpeg
Still by chance have the smaller colony? Couple years late to the party... or any trimmings youre looking to part with..?

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back