BighohoReef

A reefer in need is a friend indeed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reading, comparing, treating... I went to FishMD and am self-diagnosing my Kole which I think has HLLE (Head and Lateral Line Erosion disease) He has patches on the underside near the left side flipper. I started treating him with beta glucan I can't keep him still long enough to take a clearer picture but here it is... I didn't throw this into the emergency catagory... Because he's active and eating.

I know it's not ick or velvet I'm familiar with both, I was curious to know if it could be damaged caused from rubbing up against the rocks.

Looking for confirmation or another diagnosis/treatment.

Thanks!

IMG-1893.jpg

Last edited:

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful fish!
Looks more like damage as you suspected from wedging in or laying against rocks at night. The flow from the tanks often push them around a bit. Do you have a "night mode" for your powerheads, pumps?
Things to watch for. The white-ish filmy area expanding and or becoming more defined; redness, necrosis.

OP
OP
BighohoReef

BighohoReef

A reefer in need is a friend indeed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful fish!
Looks more like damage as you suspected from wedging in or laying against rocks at night. The flow from the tanks often push them around a bit. Do you have a "night mode" for your powerheads, pumps?
Things to watch for. The white-ish filmy area expanding and or becoming more defined; redness, necrosis.
Thanks @Big G! We'll keep an eye out if it escalates. We do have the wavemakers setup for night mode, but I'll keep an eye out of that I didn't even think about that as an issue. He does wedge himself into a hiding spot at night which should be protected from flow... I'll keep monitoring I'll follow up if it gets better or worse.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 35.4%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 15 23.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 18.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 15 23.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back