HollaAt ChaReefBoy Red Sea Peninsula 650

HollaAtChaReefBoy

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 10, 2018
Messages
238
Reaction score
364
Location
Texas
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just upgraded from nano tanks to now a big tank. Go big or go home, so I went BIG and I brought it home. Feel free to follow me on this journey as I customize and modify this tank. Feel free to provide feedbacks, I would love to see what you all think.
 
Last edited:
Tank is delivered!

20180106_113139.jpg


20180106_113152.jpg
 
Aquascape in progress. This is not my work, I bought off the owner (Nick Nguyen) from the best LFS at Oceanlife Aquarium in Houston, TX. He made this for his tank project, but I couldn't resist. Now I just need to build off that and create an additional rockscape to fill the tank.

20180106_223703.jpg


20180106_223516.jpg
 
Welcome to R2R! Looks like you've got a new reef tank and a little one in the same house (good luck! ;))
 
Since things are unassembled, I thought it would be cool to wrap the inside sump area with red carbon fiber vinyl. Also going to paint the various items white inside the sump. I'm going to go for a red and white sump area including the equipment and plumbing.

20180109_184942.jpg


20180109_184907.jpg


20180109_194115.jpg
 
Welcome to R2R! Looks like you've got a new reef tank and a little one in the same house (good luck! ;))
Yup, that's one of my little one in the background. It's a IM 14 Peninsula and my other one is a Nuvo 16. Thanks for the welcome!
 
Yup, that's one of my little one in the background. It's a IM 14 Peninsula and my other one is a Nuvo 16. Thanks for the welcome!
I was talking about the diapers ;) awesome preliminary aquascape by the way, I bet that will look amazing covered in corals.
 
End up not liking the black covers for the screws, so I'm going to cut out some red vinyl to cover it so it can look seamless.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 5 25.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 6 30.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new