HOLY CR**!

Robb1414

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, my QT is on day 10. Copper has stayed steady at 1.99 - 2.04. I decided it was time to syphon out a bit of the gunk on the bottom of the tank. Well, I must have stirred up some settled copper! I just did two separate readings and they are both at 2.85!! I don't know what to do. Do you think it will settle and get back to normal?

I have a pair of clowns, two small file fish, and a valentini puffer (he's been doing great - eating not a problem). They all seems to be doing fine -swimning and begging for food. It's been four hours.

HELP

SinkyShippy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am new to this hobby but that if you tried to do a small water change?

Idoc

Getting lazier and lazier with upkeep!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Copper doesn't "settle" out of the water column and sit on the bottom... can't see how you may have stirred it up. Rock can absorb copper, though... but that causes your levels to drop slowly over time.

If you are using a Hanna checker, make sure the vials are perfectly clean and test again with reagents from the same batch. Did you own a new batch of reagents with the new testing?

OP
OP
Robb1414

Robb1414

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmmm...there is some "rust" colored settlement on the bottom - I figured it was copper. This is my first trip to the rodeo with using copper in a QT. I have the hanna checker. This am I retested water and it is at 2.33. I added some top off. My ammonia has been perfect the entire 10 days - thanks to Bio SPira. Fish are all fine. Ate like pigs this am.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 34 29.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 27 23.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back