"Honey, I promise I won't spend lots of money on Reef tanks as I did last time! "

Rafiki

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Everyone, It's been 12 years since I owned a reef tank. I stopped the addiction in 2010 and had no tanks. But then in 2021, I was at the Del Mar fair and some stranger asked me if I wanted a betta fish they had won. My wife proudly said, "YES, my husband can take good care of it!" Flash forward to 2024. I now have about 4 freshwater tanks, and I am now being gifted a 75-gallon saltwater tank with some live rock in it. I'm here to relearn how to reef. Back into the deep black hole I go again... o_O

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

Reef Devils

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Everyone, It's been 12 years since I owned a reef tank. I stopped the addiction in 2010 and had no tanks. But then in 2021, I was at the Del Mar fair and some stranger asked me if I wanted a betta fish they had won. My wife proudly said, "YES, my husband can take good care of it!" Flash forward to 2024. I now have about 4 freshwater tanks, and I am now being gifted a 75-gallon saltwater tank with some live rock in it. I'm here to relearn how to reef. Back into the deep black hole I go again... o_O
Welcome to Reef2Reef!

Fish Fan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First of all, welcome!

I am in a very similar place. I have been into fishkeeping on and off since I was a kid back in the 80's. My last "real" reef tank goes back to about 2012 ish, when I had to break down my 125 gallon due to a house move. I have kept freshwater tanks in between, but no saltwater tanks until I just got back in with two small tanks started November 13th. I feel like I need to relearn so much, as well as gain new skills, such as quarantining livestock, which is something I never did back in the day (And had a lot of pests as a result).

There's lot's of great members here at R2R that I'm sure will help you as needed; they have helped me tremendously, and for that I am very grateful.

My humble advice would be to place your wallet in a container of freshwater and freeze it in your freezer ;-) That's the only way to limit how much money you spend on this hobby :cool:

Welcome again, and best of luck!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 15.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 86 57.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.3%
Back