Hosting clownfish

cocowizzz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I've had the clownfish for about a month and I was hoping they would hoast one of my corals. I know there not annenomes but I've see clowns hoast toadstools and Duncan's. I have both. How can I make this happen. They are red sea clowns or clark clowns is it the type of clown they are? Anything helps thanks reefers!
20181017_231002.jpeg
20181014_155524.jpeg
20181014_155508.jpeg

James M

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can’t force the whole hosting process and the anemone host the clowns.
Most corals will end up dying because the clowns will irritate to death

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The anemone, or in this case the coral is the host. You cannot make it happen, it just happens if it ever does. One of my ocellaris spends half his time around the overflow and ignores my BTA (which is not a natural host anemone for his species).

Huff747

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Give it time but be careful what you wish for. My clowns hosted a back corner of my tank for several months, then found my Duncan. That led to the Duncan spending a lot of time closed up, or at least not fully extended. Then some time (probably months again) after I added a BTA the female found the BTA first and a week or so later the male followed her over.

OP
OP
cocowizzz

cocowizzz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Give it time but be careful what you wish for. My clowns hosted a back corner of my tank for several months, then found my Duncan. That led to the Duncan spending a lot of time closed up, or at least not fully extended. Then some time (probably months again) after I added a BTA the female found the BTA first and a week or so later the male followed her over.
Well the duncan I have was previously hosting a couple clownfish and was hoping it would happen agin looks like they made a hole in the sand anyway. Do you think it could bee cause there still small?

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 11 42.3%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 14 53.8%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 1 3.8%
Back